1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Just received two pairs of denim from RRL Clothing, thanks dude! Got a pair of low straight Midlands and slim fit rigids. Makes sense that RRL keeps making the Midland wash, not an extreme wash or anything and looks even better in person. Slim fit rigids are stiff as cardboard, do you guys presoak for a bit? Could use some shrinkage in the inseam.

1 person likes this.
  2. Denim

Denim Well-Known Member

Try to go as long as you can without soaking first... After the first 2 weeks the jeans should be broken in a bit, and you'll love the turn out after the first couple months without water touching them with consistent wear.

I recently bought the limited edition olive raws in slim fit.. And don't plan on doing anything to these for awhile, excited to see the fade progression in this weird olive-like color

2 people like this.
  3. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll do that. I'm really loving the Slim Fit cut. Got them in the same size as what I usually wear in low straights, really glad I listened to RRL Clothing's advice and didn't size up. They're slim without being skinny. The leg opening on my size 32 is around 7.75" so it's a nice slightly tapered leg. Will definitely be buying some more in the future.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  4. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

I continue to be impressed by the quality and fit of RRL's sweaters. I've had a few over the years and several from this year's collection caught my eye. I saw a few of these at the store today, they look great, particularly the wool crewneck sweater in "clipper", the black indigo boatneck, many of the cardigans (including the one mentioned a few pages back).

Also, the washes on the jeans are still very good. The thick herringbone pants seemed to get a lot of positive attention.

5. Denim

Denim Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experiences with the fair isle v-neck yet? Haven't seen it in person yet & was wondering the fit & quality of it

6. Baldomero

Baldomero Well-Known Member

You guys ever get the suspicion that the slim fit are meant to be sagged? The top block is so large and right below it gets smaller, it seems to be more flatting when at the widest point on the the hips instead of anywhere near the waist.

Also, anyone get the problem where the fabric covering the button fly folds back, exposing the buttons?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  7. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

I really need your guys' help...
    I've been searching for a pair of RRL jeans that fits for over a year. Bought (and had to return) at least 10 pair with no luck.
    I'm a very skinny guy (skinny legs, etc) and any RRL I have tried, including slim, just looks ridiculous on me.

For reference, levis 29 or 30 waist fit me well. RRL slims literally look baggy on me. I haven't tried slim straights. Are they skinnier by any chance? Is there another fit or something I might be missing?

I love the quality but so far they just don't even come close to fitting. I almost tried a pair of the "skinnys" which I know are for women but I haven't gone that far yet. (I hate the shallow pockets women's jeans have)

I appreciate any help...

8. Baldomero

Baldomero Well-Known Member

Sounds like its time to keep it moving.

9. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

The slim straights are similar to low straights rather than slim fit but with a higher rise. These may be of interest. Website calls them Hiatt Western Skinny Jean but I don't personally know anything about them. Dunno if they are the same as the skinny ones you mention above but they come up in the main section. Maybe one of the experts here can shed some light on them. http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=22706891

I seen an absolutely amazing pair of limited edition denim when I was in store the other day. The denim was so soft and thick. The biggest problems for me were the fact they were bootcut and the UK price was £560. Not sure I could ever spend that much for a pair of washed denim but they did feel gorgeous.

10. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Slim is the tightest youre going to get for mens RRL. Just go with the Skinny womens ones or get Slims and get them tailored. Otherwise youre outta luck

11. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

Thankyou for the reply.

12. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

Yall think the polo bear is gonna sell out at full price with all the "lo" heads? I must have it but $300 clams for a cotton sweater is hard to swallow.

13. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Well-Known Member

I got it about a month ago, haven't even taken it out of the bag though because it still way too hot here in Texas. Looks super soft and comfortable, leather elbow patches are pretty nice.

14. brianoh

brianoh Well-Known Member

What is the slimmest fit denim by RRL? Have a pair from a few years back but wearing them now I think they're too wide.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Slim fit is the slimmest denim for men I believe. There is a skinny fit and another fit (I think boy?) but they are both for women.

16. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

XL are OOS...its gonna sell regardless...its a classic...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

How does the fit in the officer's chino compare to the denim fits? I was surprised I had to size down to 34 in the chinos.

18. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

I'd say the officer chinos are similar to the low straights, with an ever so slightly higher rise. Speaking of which, has anyone ever seen the british khaki officer chinos run true to size before? They're usually 3"+tagged but there are a few on ebay right now with near TTS measurements.

Edit: Just compared some of my pairs, seems the officers have slightly slimmer thighs but a bit larger leg opening than the low straights.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  19. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Well-Known Member

I have the british khaki officer chinos and took the same size 34 inch waist as the chinos but found the officer chino a bit wide on the leg so I had them tapered in by a tailor. The waist is slightly high which I prefer.

1 person likes this.
  20. Ghost01

Ghost01 Well-Known Member

Its a Denim and Supply Jacket.

see this seasons version.

[​IMG]