• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

koidragon

Reaction score

Recently picked up the Ro-buck LEs that people were talking about earlier, and no lie, its a great fit and fabric.  However, I find that because of the higher rise they are running a tad more snug around the waist (the fact that I can't seem to put down leftover Christmas cookies is not helping either).  

Can any of you who've worn them for a bit now comment as to the extent in which the fabric on these stretches?  Seems like a slightly more 'loose' weave so I'm hopeful they will stretch a bit.

My other recent pickups from this past season include the red polka jack-rabbit and the cotton/linen sawtooth western.

On a side note the new Krouse jeans they just posted to the website look interesting, the fit would probably never work for me but I like 'em.
I cold soaked mine and have been wearing them for about 3 months. They have stretched a whole size , about an half inch or inch since then.

boxdok

Reaction score
Recently picked up the Ro-buck LEs that people were talking about earlier, and no lie, its a great fit and fabric. However, I find that because of the higher rise they are running a tad more snug around the waist (the fact that I can't seem to put down leftover Christmas cookies is not helping either).

Can any of you who've worn them for a bit now comment as to the extent in which the fabric on these stretches? Seems like a slightly more 'loose' weave so I'm hopeful they will stretch a bit.

My other recent pickups from this past season include the red polka jack-rabbit and the cotton/linen sawtooth western.

On a side note the new Krouse jeans they just posted to the website look interesting, the fit would probably never work for me but I like 'em.

What is your review regarding the red polka jack rabbit as far as quality and fit? I was contemplating on picking it up but now I'm kind of leaning towards the red star print shirt instead.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both the red dot jack rabbit in L and XL arriving tomorrow so can advise on fit then if nobody chimes in.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
What is your review regarding the red polka jack rabbit as far as quality and fit? I was contemplating on picking it up but now I'm kind of leaning towards the red star print shirt instead.

I like the shirt, but it isn't perfect.

It's a great color as the red is really a spot on perfect 'red'. It has some nice details such as the throat tab on the collar and nice MOP buttons (a bit more substantial than the ones on my other RRL buttondowns). Fit is somewhere smack dab in the middle of slim-fit and billowy workshirt. Think 'slimmer workfit'. I do wish as with most of my RRL tops that the sleeves were a tad longer, but if your comfortable with the length/sleeves of other RRL shirts I'd say this isn't really any different.

My only complaint with the shirt (other than the sleeve length, which for me is admittedly a personal issue), is the fabric itself. While again it is a great color, the cotton fabric is nothing to write home about. It's relatively thin and is borderline scratchy feeling.

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the jackrabbit is meh

i purchased it and returned it. buts its more becuase i already own the bulldog discharge print from last season in a similar, but more maroon/darker red

if you had to have one of htem, id go for the star print. but i also own the star print in indigo, which is why i didnt grab the red lol

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Package arrived just now, a day early.

Re: Jackrabbit shirt.

I like the fabric, personally. Lighter-weight is fine for me since I live in southern CA. The red will look great peeking out from under a khaki or navy jacket.

As for fit, chest measures true to size in my opinion. On a large around 23" p2p. Sleeves measure about right but come up slightly short due to slim shoulders. As someone else mentioned it's more of a personal preference. You may not like it if you are used to dress-length sleeves.

oynag

Reaction score
Someone please return a pair of low-straight Sacramento jeans in size 31/32. I had them in my cart with three allegedly still in stock, slept on them and they sold out. I keep refreshing the site to see if one gets restocked. I probably want them more now just because I missed out.

randomnoob

Reaction score
Someone please return a pair of low-straight Sacramento jeans in size 31/32. I had them in my cart with three allegedly still in stock, slept on them and they sold out. I keep refreshing the site to see if one gets restocked. I probably want them more now just because I missed out.

i bought a pair a couple months ago..probably higher than the current price. are they completely sold out? i'd swap for a 31/30 if one was available.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
immediatecoreer