• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What type of jacket does one wear for the weather we had today?
I was fine in my Norwegian Rain Moscow and a merino sweater underneath.

I wore NR Bumfreezer today and, well, my bum was pretty cold. Moscow would probably be good, but I don’t own one.

Went to Bar Chinois tonight in an Eddie Bauer hell damn ass cold down parka. Will be living in same for the next several days. Stupid dog still needs to be walked after all.

Yeah, Columbia designed for Hoth parka will be the coat for next couple of days.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore NR Bumfreezer today and, well, my bum was pretty cold. Moscow would probably be good, but I don’t own one.

Yeah, Columbia designed for Hoth parka will be the coat for next couple of days.

They’re often sold in the nmwa BST thread second hand for decent prices. Warmest jacket I’ve owned so far.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've got a full length Paul Stuart double breasted overcoat that weights about 20 pounds which would probably handle this, but realistically, I'm just going for the technicool down jacket, fashion be damned.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Bar Chinois tonight in an Eddie Bauer hell damn ass cold down parka. Will be living in same for the next several days. Stupid dog still needs to be walked after all.

Same parka. Got it before they started embroidering their name all over it. Thought it looked like the ESB Han Solo jacket, until I found out his was actually brown not navy, it was just how they developed the print that turned it blue. If I had to buy one now, I'd probably get their B-9.

I wear it with a cashmere watch cap and cashmere lined leather gloves to walk the dog.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was in Zegna Elements wool parka with Drake’s scarf and hat. Cashmere-lined leather gloves from the late, lamented Barneys New York.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay indoors until the temperature rises. The weather forecast is calling for a warming trend through the week. It’s supposed to be in the low 60s on New Year’s Day.

Professor_3

Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christmas Eve dinner! Cooking tomorrow so out tonight! Cheers SF friends!

7BD7E0DC-B35D-4A28-8241-5D82ABDCE2C3.jpeg
761D1C80-2C6A-4641-86CE-0118DEE7F3B1.jpeg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was thinking that 1kg London lounge overcoating fabric would be perfect for this weather.

but, I haven’t had it made up yet. Tried a parka. That didn’t do the job. But a fur lined leather jacket with gloves actually kept me reasonably warm.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjalibu