• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up ditching my heaviest suits as the winters here have been so mild. (yeah, I know, 11 degrees tomorrow night!).

Making up a three-piece sounds neat. I have one F/W three-piece and wear the heck out of it DEC-FEB.
I love 3-pieces. Only have one of them in a glen plaid flannel and have been itching for a second (and a first pinstripe). The H&S City of London fabrics had kind of a dry hand so I'm thinking it may not wear as warm as a similar weight flannel.

The fabric will wear cool, and the weight won't be noticeable. However, I would not wear the fabric in the summer. You're asking for trouble.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Tie wedding of a friend at a hotel in Baltimore. Busting out the new Carrara tux...
Alright! Hope you get a decent pic or two. Would love to see how it turned out.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Tie wedding of a friend at a hotel in Baltimore. Busting out the new Carrara tux...
Bold move to schedule a wedding for NYE.

Which hotel is it? When my wife and I were looking at wedding venues in Baltimore one of the places we looked at was the Belvedere, which was pretty spectacular.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a bizarre concept! And a $10M investment for a beach themed restaurant/bar with no water and now sand?
"Florida Man" says it all...

postscript: from the article "Florida Man" is actually a political operative who has worked for Rick Scott 🤮

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright! Hope you get a decent pic or two. Would love to see how it turned out.

I'll definitely get some pics. I think it turned out pretty well. now that it's back from minor adjustments, iits comfy, and I think it looks great. I had to have the pants waist let out a bit and jacket seat let out a pinch (fat ass..... ) To be fair to the MTM process... its my first set of trousers from Carrara, and previous jackets were double vented, so neither alteration was massive, nor bothered me.

Bold move to schedule a wedding for NYE.

Which hotel is it? When my wife and I were looking at wedding venues in Baltimore one of the places we looked at was the Belvedere, which was pretty spectacular.

It is a bold move.... I am actually looking forward to it.

Cermony and reception in same venue; Hotel is Sagamore Pendry:

Regarding Belvedere.... My first wedding was in the grand ballroom of the Belvedere. and good friends got married there a few years ago.... very nice venue.

Oh very cool, I attended a NYE wedding before the start of Covid. Enjoy!!!

Nice, and thank you.

Next StyFo DC meetup will be in speedos.

No one wants to see me in a speedo, I'll be the guy in the shade wearing linen pants and camp shirt.

Professor_3

Reaction score
Next StyFo DC meetup will be in speedos.
What a bizarre concept! And a $10M investment for a beach themed restaurant/bar with no water and now sand?
Thoughts on Millie’s aka Milfie’s?
haven’t been there but now I can’t get images of middle-aged women in animal print dresses 2-3 sizes too small for them.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took my wife here on our second “date” during our Covid walks. The food is really good, but the restaurant is supposedly pretentious.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all!

Picked up this great Fox Brothers tweed overshirt just in time for tonight's 10 degree weather!

Capture.JPG

They included a little Christmas tree ornament!

IMG_5772.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member