• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official how to lose fat (aka how to get a 6 pack) thread

marg

Reaction score
yep...i think you picked the only pic of him i have ever seen with protruding abdominal muscles. most other poses, his abs are flatter but ripped to shreds.

Gordon Gekko

Reaction score
It's simple, pal. Just develop your stomach muscles and lose fat. Since you can't lose fat in only certain places, you have to cut fat everywhere. Another thing is to make sure you're doing exercises that target both the upper and lower abs. Many people just do crunches and situps and wonder why their lower abs aren't developing. Another great way to accelerate fat loss is through HIIT. This is better than regular cardio because you get a lot more done in a lot less time with HIIT. Lastly, it's 85-90% about diet. You can do all the situps you want, all the cardio you want, but if your diet is crap, you won't be seeing any abs.

Elusive

Reaction score
Gordon I agree HIIT is the way to go and by far the most important thing you can is the correct balance of protein fats and carbs dont go on any stupid diet

Not too many situps as it has a negative impact on your nervous system

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cut out alcohol.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Cut out alcohol.
And simple carbs. They will make you obese No but seriously as goofy as mm654321 was abotu that ****, I'm finding there's definitely truth to that. "Healthy" carbs are fine, but that processed simple sugar **** does slow down the fat burning process, at least in my experience.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simple carbs also cause scurvy
teacha.gif

HenryFlower

Reaction score
This threak started out well but the broscience has gotten thick.

Teh abzzz: 99.99999999% of the time, if you can't see 'em, it ain't muscle or connective tissue coverin' 'em up.
Teh carbzzzz: 99% of the time, it ain't the carbs, it's the total calories (and not enough protein). That being said, there are fun things you can do with carb and calorie cycling and PWO carbs.
HIIT: Your priority in a diet should be weight training to preserve lean mass. HIIT is a ***** to recover from on low calories and will interfere with the weight training. Simple LISS isn't as efficient as HIIT but much more sustainable for recovery.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just like to note that I recently lost a lot of fat and got down to about 9% body fat without doing cardio. There are good reasons to do cardio but I'm not convinced that burning 500 cals by running does anything that reducing your calorie intake by 500 cals won't do, and as long as your protein and micronutrient intake is sufficient you shouldn't feel any more hungry or tired. Plus you won't take the chance of hurting your knees.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
I would just like to note that I recently lost a lot of fat and got down to about 9% body fat without doing cardio. There are good reasons to do cardio but I'm not convinced that burning 500 cals by running does anything that reducing your calorie intake by 500 cals won't do, and as long as your protein and micronutrient intake is sufficient you shouldn't feel any more hungry or tired. Plus you won't take the chance of hurting your knees.
It really depends on the brah brah My maintenance is like 2300kcal... it's easier for me to eat ~2000kcal and bike/ball off the other 500 than to survive on a peasant's ration of 1500kcal of food. I'm nowhere near as hungry + I'm not sitting around thinking about my next meal

Gordon Gekko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
That's another thing some people don't realize. Cardio isn't required to burn fat or to get abs. All you have to do is eat properly, but build/maintain enough muscle for the abs (or any muscle, for that matter) to show. Cardio accelerates the process a little, (HIIT accelerates the process a lot), but you'll get there a lot faster by just changing your eating habits.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
It really depends on the brah brah

Yes, of course. In my case I find it to be the opposite of your situation; when I run I end up being hungry and tired and find that I have to eat more to maintain energy. Different strokes for different folks but I guess my main point is that cardio can help but it's not necessary if you can control your diet.

sneakyfast

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity....of all who have replied to this thread who actually has a 6 pack....anyone?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did before I started bulking.

Maintaining a six pack is harder than getting one, FWIW. Few people who aren't athletes, models or competitive body builders will find it worth their while to keep their body fat low enough for one of those six packs you see on the cover of Men's Health.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sneakyfast
Just out of curiousity....of all who have replied to this thread who actually has a 6 pack....anyone?
First post is... suspetise

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sneakyfast

3 Pack. I gotta work on my other side...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads