• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was ok but I wouldn't go out of my way to hunt it down.

You don't like sours, so your opinion doesn't count, I love Lolita personally, but if you wait another week or so Juliet should be out and that's one beverage that I will not pass on. Who doesn't love wine barrel aged sour blackberry beers?!

StandupTJ

Reaction score
Finally tracked down at bottle of Das Wunderkind. It was pretty much sold out everywhere within 2 days that it released. Managed to find it in some obscure liquor store that I pass by daily. Im pumped to finally have the entire Jester King line-up that has been released so far this year.

Last edited:

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score

Is GI Lolita worth buying? I can never tell if anything's supposed to be good or not since Beer Advocate's rating system got all fucked and Ratebeer gives 99s to pretty much anything other than Coors. Either way I picked up some Nugget Nectar today. The only other time I had that I was in DC and too sick to actually taste anything so I'm excited to actually try it now. Also got Double Trouble and Orval, possibly the two most delicious beers ever. I wish Orval was cheaper though.

Lolita was part of the 3 sisters series which was brewed in december '10 in collaboration with my favorite chicago restaraunt: the bristol. As far as I am concerned, that series is by far the best thing that has ever left that brewery. Its been a year since I've had one but it was awesome if you like mildly sour. I can't comment what it might taste like with some age, but if you have access, its definitely worth trying (although I preferred madam rose).

Just finished a Local Option Dampf Loc which wasn't bad. I'm about to crack the 3floyds/brew dog collaboration.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lolita was part of the 3 sisters series which was brewed in december '10 in collaboration with my favorite chicago restaraunt: the bristol. As far as I am concerned, that series is by far the best thing that has ever left that brewery. Its been a year since I've had one but it was awesome if you like mildly sour. I can't comment what it might taste like with some age, but if you have access, its definitely worth trying (although I preferred madam rose).
Just finished a Local Option Dampf Loc which wasn't bad. I'm about to crack the 3floyds/brew dog collaboration.

The 3 Sisters were re-brewed again this year and will be from now on, they weren't a collaboration beer at all, but the official release was The Bristol. Since GI has purchased a new warehouse to house their barrel aging program has more than quadrupled and they'll continue to keep releasing more and more of these kinda beers.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
This thread is now about me.

In 3 weeks I'll be doing a 7 course beer pairing dinner.
I know nothing about pairing beer and food.
Have not written a menu yet.
Have not selected beers yet.
Have not even thought about it.
So ITT, you do my work for me, for free.

I'd like a little crash course in beer pairing. I mean, I know from wine pairings the general ideas, but just don't know enough about beer to make it work.

Please don't tell me that I need to bring in some tiny-batch, incredibly highly allocated, or incredibly expensive beer. I'm here to make a profit.

GO!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

I thought so, and that's why I did it for you.

:laugh: The chart and the menus are actually helpful. The rest of the stuff is basics to pairing with any alcohol... compare or contract, spice emphasizes alcohol, etc.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This thread is now about me.
In 3 weeks I'll be doing a 7 course beer pairing dinner.
I know nothing about pairing beer and food.
Have not written a menu yet.
Have not selected beers yet.
Have not even thought about it.
So ITT, you do my work for me, for free.
I'd like a little crash course in beer pairing. I mean, I know from wine pairings the general ideas, but just don't know enough about beer to make it work.
Please don't tell me that I need to bring in some tiny-batch, incredibly highly allocated, or incredibly expensive beer. I'm here to make a profit.
GO!

Hypocrite! Foisting a what you consider a "travesty" on the good people of Quincy!

Originally Posted by mgm9128
Drinking anything other than wine or water with a meal is, in my opinion, a travesty.

Agreed for the most part. OJ with breakfast. That is, when I'm not in the mood for Champagne

Last edited:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I'm definitely not a fan of it and would rather not do it. But I'm hoping pulling it off and doing it well will expand my pea-sized mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics