• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltjaw

Reaction score
I'd love to own a snuff/color 8 saddle like the ones J Crew made a few years back.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks!! That is interesting news. Now, don't tell anyone else until I found what I want.
lurker[1].gif

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has the 8.5D spot for the Epaulet Saddle let me know.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that they picked up all the 2nds. I don't know their timeframe to inventory and post, but they have them

They just dropped a ton of seconds last Wednesday. Can you be more specific?

RevisIsland

Reaction score

They just dropped a ton of seconds last Wednesday. Can you be more specific?

Could it be that you just saw them take delivery of their already posted seconds at the Norwalk store? Ed told me they were going to get the shipment in today (Tuesday).

shunted22

Reaction score
Any interest in a hunting green reverse chamois chukka on commando? I'm trying to get enough interest for a retailer to run

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
B&M today for the rain

Taking on the rain in style!

Feeling festive yesterday with my favorite Tankers from Yenni (2013)

Great shoes JD and nice sock pairing. Plaza = Awesome.

Another break in day for these..

Great looking Color #8 Chukkas Chippy. The Argyles are a nice addition.

Color #8 / Alpine Grain Saddle Shoe Plaza Last

Hey guys,

We just received this style as a special order makeup. I've got three open stock units available online - 9.5, 10, and 10.5... all in "D." It came out really rad on the Plaza last!

SADDLE SHOE IN COLOR 8 SHELL CORDOVAN & ALPINE GRAIN LEATHER PLAZA LAST:

$685.00

Those look great Mike! They came out really nicely.

Thanks! Dunno how I missed that

Alden DC offers them as well.

-Mike

teojhn

Reaction score
Long time lurker and first time posting. Seeking urgent help from you amazing people!!
So I just picked up my shoe after sending it to topy and found this bump....

There were also some scratches on the inside right behind + above the bump. Also, there is no bump on the inside. I am assuming that when the guy put it on the last to work on the topy, he had accidentally "folded" the supportive mid layer at the heel counter (between the inner lining and the upper. I have been trying to push it out with a rounded edge of a keyring wrapped in polishing cloth. Not sure what else I can do as the bump is still there. I live in Australia so it's not the most ideal of situation. I did not go back to the store immediately as I was rushing off and only noticed while I was on my way back to my car. I highly doubt anything can be done by the guy, but I might give it a shot tomorrow morning. Hurt to have my first pair of Alden that took months of waiting, still unworn, to be damaged by someone else that was suppose to do the exact opposite.
Hi gents,

Just bumping this to see if anyone has any thoughts on it. I'm still not over the fact that my first pair of shell Alden came with a bump in the heel. Hah. Basically, I went back to the cobbler the following day and got swore and screamed at. Saying he has 40 years of experience and will never ruin a pair of shoe. I also spoke to Brian the Bootmaker and he suggested that it is most likely due to factory defect as the heel counter would protect the heel from damage when the cobbler puts the last in. Luckily, I took some pictures of my shoe just before I send it off to the cobbler and it did show the bump. Not so luckily, the picture does not show the bump very obviously, only because I know the exact location of the bump, I can tell from the picture that the bump was there before I sent it off to the cobbler. And there is also no way for me to prove that the picture was taken before I sent the shoe off to the cobbler except through bank transection time and photo time stamp. So now I can confirm that the bump was indeed a factory defect, but because the shoe was worked on by someone else, there is a good chance and reason Alden could reject my claim that the bump was a factory defect,

I think the two options left for me is either I take the blow and get someone reputable in Japan to fix it for me at my own expense when I travel there in January or to send it back to Alden with the risk that they reject it being a defect and I've got to cover all the shipping costs for nothing done. What do you guys think?

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads