• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The random Alden x Brooks Brothers derbies look pretty good! I'm going to give them a good brushing and see what they look like...

g2x222

Reaction score
I'm at the point where I need to reheel my Indys (especially since I'm thinking about taking them as my only shoes during a two week trip soon). I'd prefer to source a pair of heels and have the job done locally, but I'm having a hard time finding a shop that will sell them (or sell them at a reasonable price - one shop quoted $50 for the heels or $55 for the replacement).

Any tips? Alternative heels that might be better? I thought about Cat's Paw, but I'm not sure how comfortable/durable the deadstock rubber will be.

Otherwise, I'll probably take the train into New York and hope I can get them done at Moulded Shoe while I wait...

Last edited:

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My daughter and I wearing our brown captoe boots. She has been at the barn everyday this week so hers are pretty beat up

Broke these out even though it's 95

JETTASY

Reaction score
Hello,
Today is Cigar LWB.
The rainy season was long this year, so cordovan were put on after a long time.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of black, gunky stuff came off these shoes when I wiped them down to brush them, so I got out the VSC and went over them with it.

They *feel* much better, they *look* a little patina'd now that whatever polish was used is gone - which is fine. I think I'm going to wear them as-is for a while, and eventually get some of the Saphir cordovan cream (I guess these would be the #71 cordovan color )

EWZ8XMAEsXD39GH6CxDvUvMK2EmfBevGb1zinzPIkMOWBoT0___d-7p1IeS6FookkaOrNtAOZ0kvCwnRkQGEOjf0qCvEAXL8wulOP-8kET1UgO-OCwPEVqfrTrOpeLfeGqlKsYQ2_64Et17KpxiMjcbrLiEyU3sxKCeeJfqdWX-m0X8VqX8Gi2fKRFanU5avahIuANvTNFz-g2epjCmxiJojdiLn_R6y3HnI_fYOEk8wCV2lz8SbVaIPQnomA26sHaTYcUImg87CPZ3-S017LWY1QLHtZwQeg7qYo5jLwnrg7zR4KmfE67-GISsGoWPiiIqF1kPukG0ObLQQdatygO7XtP_mw445oJpN1s1iR49mKsdjWFiBAShsDc2vEUQX_ar8W18EVC0ejjY7oQdH9P8RV_f4zXMFOeqruMNZxIgQmsUBf_oU5dMQdAaxTXMX_glzPPekgtyEUN8q8SibbKbI2wMiFSnS_cRvraRQOOSubm_E-7RG6qVePsMMSoXRMqDIWvWdkJSe7xwkZjxK4z13czSWW2GUrhOTxSlpyjSauvQgKilJvRyrYYSYewq3asNHM5L6ao9ipkKKYnj8mYS-ZrrLIQDa=w1404-h1290-no

Eventually I'll probably have these re-soled with an antique edge. I'm guessing these sat in an attic for a while and the heel leather isn't great (it isn't bad either).

For $150 delivered I'm feeling pretty good :)

JJGNYC

Reaction score
@ JETTASY and HENRYIII -- Great looking LWBs -- both ! I have the LWB in #8, Ravello, Black, Tobacco chamois, and kudu -- with Whiskey on the way -- but still drooling over Cigar. Some day!

Last edited:

RevisIsland

Reaction score

Hello,
Today is Cigar LWB.

Fantastic Cigars

Edited to add: Today was the first day (of 1000+ days of wearing Aldens in NYC) where I found someone wearing the exact same pair of Alden's as me. 975's.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Code:
The random Alden x Brooks Brothers derbies look pretty good! I'm going to give them a good brushing and see what they look like...

Much nicer than regular Barrie ptb's: shaplier last, metal eyelets, and no storm welt. I have a brand new Brooks pair in the wrong size that I bought on sale with the idea to just exchange them when my size was restocked. That was three years ago and the restocking ain't happening.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
The suede WTBs x Yenni today

Thats a great looking boot M! :)

Been away recently, just now catching up. Color 8 Alt Weins

Good to see you again Henry, welcome back and nice Alt Wieners!

Whiskey Wednesday
a0e6428fe2cefa0e254a6f713339f090.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pair of Whiskey LHSes #1!

Whiskey Wednesday.... Circ 2012. These have more orange than the last two years productions. Also, all stitching even around the sides are white unlike the newer years, the new Whiskey shells are more tan in colour. I love the artisan in the shoe line... change is good. My old Whiskey LHS's vs new look very different.

Great pair of Whiskey LHSes #2. I agree with you that the color variations over the years is a cool thing, I just wish they weren't necessarily just getting darker... Suggest that you use a deer bone on the left shoe toe.

34xglkg.jpg

whiskey wt
argyles otc

Mac, those are probably my favorite Alden. I just love this makeup, it is perfect for San Diego! Your pair looks superb and I am sure that you are looking dapper in them!

Completing the whiskey Wednesday LHS trifecta.

And... great Whiskey LHS #3! Thanks for completing the trifecta! Your LHSes look perfect and have a great shine on them!

Is this too much color variation or is this a desirable patina?

I say that those have aged nicely, but I agree with Steve, that I totally thought that they were Macneils as well at first.

Church Hill Indy Boots today:

Looking great in your Indy Boots today (andi)^2. They look good with the rolled denim.

c49b6f72e7a7acaca733e8b880a8b836.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking great again Don in your LHSes. Those were a good choice today!

ravello wt
argyles otc

Mac, those Ravello WTs are just extraordinary. Such a beautiful color, shine, and pattern.

I need these in Snuff .. and possibly Brown.

Looking great bud in what I can assume to be a very hot day for you!

Congrats on your acquisition, those are looking great and are a truly beautiful makeup. The last and eyelets give it a truly unique appearance.

My daughter and I wearing our brown captoe boots. She has been at the barn everyday this week so hers are pretty beat up

Broke these out even though it's 95

I am impressed that you took a shoe picture with your daughter. Your shoes outshine hers just a pidge.

Hello,
Today is Cigar LWB.

Looking good Jet, good to see you not standing at a train station.

Ravello LWBs

Great looking Ravello LWBs Henry, your pair is coming along very nicely. Their color is really glowing. Enjoy!

Last Whisky Sunday

Those Whiskey PTBs are looking very clean Dennis, hope that you enjoyed them last Sunday!

Great looking 986's. The purple socks pair nicely with them!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
A busy (suede) week for me in San Diego...

Tassel Tuesday. Alden Navy Suede Tassel Loafer. Marcoliani Brown Argyles OTC. Luigi Bianchi Mantova Tan Linen Blend Khakis.

Wednesday. Alden Chocolate Suede Tanker Boot. Brown Argyles. Epaulet Lightweight Khaki Twill Walt Trouser.

Thursday. Alden Tan Suede LHS. Gustin Khaki Selvedge Chinos.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads