• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baromatic

Reaction score

Recon someone was interested in comparing the Modified last and 379x.
I think it shows the differences in shape quite well.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many of you on this thread play golf?? We should do an Alden golf outing annually and have it rotate from from each of the various cities with Alden retailers. DC, NYC, SF, Seattle, Philly, CT, Boston, etc... There'd be great courses to play in all of those places!

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many of you on this thread play golf??  We should do an Alden golf outing annually and have it rotate from from each of the various cities with Alden retailers.  DC, NYC, SF, Seattle, Philly, CT, Boston, etc...  There'd be great courses to play in all of those places!

I play and support this idea 1000%. I'm in Richmond VA and would be up for any eastern seaboard locale.

Just played this morning. Mizuno MP-69s, an older Callaway driver and 4-wood, and a late-90s Scotty/Titleist putter.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leffot preorders up on Monday - color 8 antique lwb, brown CXL plain toe boot on commando, navy suede lwb.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Interesting Unicorn .. NST Indy Boot Barrie lasted Double Leather Color 8 Antique Welt. thebeauralbelfast... I like the variant .. Model M6903HS.

Looks great Chippy, not your normal pace, so its good to see you branching out a little!

Modified last burnished tan alt wein

Looking great Alci in your Burnished Tan Bluchers.

First day wearing my Leffot #8 Navals.

Welcom Scars and congratulations on your new Naval Boots, those are a truly beautiful boot and makeup. Enjoy your pair!

Hi Guys,

Incredible !!first post of 2016 , it's been a while
smile.gif

Whiskey LWB.

From the Whiskey shades I've had in the past this is by far the nicest one.

Welcome back old friend, that is a fantastic way to start off the new year bud! Those Whiskeys are looking caramel-y beautiful. Enjoy them!

BB Unlined Shell Cordovan Jet Black w/ contrast stitching. Circ 2012. These get a ton of wear in Summer months.

Your Black Shell LHSes are looking great Chippy. I know that they are taking good care of you!

95d459b68474829ab3a3a3269a5e2bea.jpg

22b42361c89fbb86adc44240389e5297.jpg

BB Tan suede LHS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stylish and dapper as always Don, you are looking good in your uniquely lined LHSes. I always thought it was funny that Brooks does unlined shell and lined suede when everyone else does lined shell and unlined suede. Wonder why they line their suede LHSes.

Happy Friday. PTBs on the way to work.

Looking great Doc in your slacks and Color 8 PTBs. Those have a really nice color to them.

Ravello, it's a helluva drug.

Ha Henry, those are looking superb. They are getting richer and richer with each wearing.

Whiskey Wednesday. Maiden voyage for these brand new LWBs from TSM. Fantastic shade. Love the 2016 whiskey run. Definitely less orange than the 2014/2015 runs.

Your Whiskey LWBs are looking great and look good with the light blue pants.

I am jealous of all you whiskey owners.

Ha, you are doing very well there in your tan boots. They look very nice!

Best loafer sock query? Must be some improvements by now. I need to update mine. These are unseen in LHS's. Cole Haan, wished they were All Cotton or Wool, not a Poly combo cotton fan. I like the fit of the Marcoliani best but they don't work well with a low vamp Marlow Tassel as they show. In the Marlow Penny they are ****. Your Thoughts..
Whiskey Wednesday.. One with and one without flash, watching LAD game low light now hence crappy photo's

Sort of interested to hear what others have to say on this one. I have JCrew loafer socks, they are okay. I know Kathy was really trying to get me into the Pantherella socks last time I was out there.

Does whiskey typically get those dark spots? Right in the center

Those look great TB. I have a few of those darker spots, I think it will come out with brushing. Its this waxy like substance.

First time wearing my Color 8 plain toe boots on Barrie, from TSM.

Looking very good in your Color 8 PT Boots. They look great and have a fantastic shine on them!

Navy reverse chamois for me today.

You look ready to take on anything in those BK! Enjoy!

Tan Suede LHS's Unlined. Ralph Lauren Madras Patchwork Shorts mostly Blues and Burgundy so not too loud.. Ha Ha. White Polo Tennis Shirt.

I am sure that you are wearing them shorts well. Your Tan Suede LHSes are looking great! Enjoy them, particularly in the summer.

Alpine grain NST. From Unionmade.

Interesting that Unionmade has made those, I have a pair from CitiShoes. The Brass and AG is a great combination!

Snuff chukkas...

Dang those new Snuffs look exquisite! They are hopefully soft as butter too!

Happy Friday. Zenny boot.

Looking great yesterday bud! You had terrific taste in boots yesterday! :)

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Whiskey Ravello Wednesday. Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boots. Epaulet Antique Gray Cross-Hatch Tropical Wool Walt Trousers.

Tassel Thursday. Alden Color 8 Tassel Loafer. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Brooks Bros Navy Houndstooth Trousers.

Casual Friday. Alden Chocolate Suede Tankers. Marcoliani Brown Argyles OTC. Epaulet Cotton Lightweight Khaki Twill Trousers.

Suede Saturday. Alden x JCrew Tan Suede PTB. LBM Linen Blend Khakis.

-Mike

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many of you on this thread play golf??  We should do an Alden golf outing annually and have it rotate from from each of the various cities with Alden retailers.  DC, NYC, SF, Seattle, Philly, CT, Boston, etc...  There'd be great courses to play in all of those places!

I play and support this idea 1000%. I'm in Richmond VA and would be up for any eastern seaboard locale.

Just played this morning. Mizuno MP-69s, an older Callaway driver and 4-wood, and a late-90s Scotty/Titleist putter.

Played this morning also, although not very well. Titleist 915 driver, Rocketbalz tour 3 wood, Hogan Edge 2 iron hybrid, Titleist 712 CB-MB combo irons, Vockey Wedges, and Titleist studio select-Scotty Cameron putter (Newport 2).

Let's tee it up!!

Last edited:

HenryIII

Reaction score

Whiskey Ravello Wednesday. Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boots. Epaulet Antique Gray Cross-Hatch Tropical Wool Walt Trousers.
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Tassel Thursday. Alden Color 8 Tassel Loafer. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Brooks Bros Navy Houndstooth Trousers.
Casual Friday. Alden Chocolate Suede Tankers. Marcoliani Brown Argyles OTC. Epaulet Cotton Lightweight Khaki Twill Trousers.
Suede Saturday. Alden x JCrew Tan Suede PTB. LBM Linen Blend Khakis.
-Mike
Diverse week Mike. The tassels are my fav... Great patina, great color.

Chris6

Reaction score

Greatest idea, ever. I'd be in. Especially PA, NY, CT and MA. All in driving distance.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Played this morning also, although not very well. Titleist 915 driver, Rocketbalz tour 3 wood, Hogan Edge 2 iron hybrid, Titleist 712 CB-MB combo irons, Vockey Wedges, and Titleist studio select-Scotty Cameron putter (Newport 2).

Let's tee it up!!
Constant lurker/infrequent poster here (only one pair of Alden, so far...) but as you can tell from my profile pic, golf is king even over shoes for me. This idea sounds awesome and horrible (in a joking way, only because I've never been in an Alden store and I'd have to hide the wallet) at the same time. But I'd be in. All the areas with an Alden store are awesome for golf.

Second part of post. My current boot line up includes Alden x J Crew Indy, Wolverine 1000k Centennial (brown) and 1000k brown suede, Wolverine Montague chelsea in both brown and black (should have got a sleeker design, but alas, you live and you learn), AE Dalton (oxblood), and AE Dundee 2.0 (black calf). I'm really eyeing the Alden x J Crew Cap Toe Cordovan model. This would be my first shell shoe/boot. I'm completely open to other makes/models, but I'm pretty set on my next pair of boots being Alden. The Indy is such a comfortable boot. Also the pictures I've seen of the Cap Toe in real life are phenomenal.

Suggestions welcome, and if golf talk continues, I'll be posting a helluva lot more :)

Cobra Fly Z+ driver and 4 wood, Ping Karsten 3h-uw, Ping Glide 54 and 58 wedges, Odyssey Works 2 ball fang. (side note, went from playing MB/MC irons for about 10 years to these ***** irons and I couldn't be happier. The profile took a bit to get used to but I'm so glad for the change.)

Last edited:

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If only that happened to include Salt Lake City... :)  

So many hidden gem courses in the valley. And for cheap too. Ha courses I'm paying $40-50 a round would be closer to $200 anywhere else (looking at you California)

skriefal

Reaction score
So many hidden gem courses in the valley. And for cheap too. Ha courses I'm paying $40-50 a round would be closer to $200 anywhere else (looking at you California)

I work across the street from a golf course. Too bad that an Alden store isn't that close... (or within 500 miles...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads