• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha! Nice bespoken! I never see them in the wild either. I frankly would be surprised as well if someone knew what my shoes were also!

-Mike

Guy initially looked at me like i was crazy eventually had about a 10 min conversation.

Chris6

Reaction score
Are there different model numbers for that full strap shell. Mine don't say 684? Sorry for the newbie question.

Chris6

Reaction score

There could be or you may have the Brooks Bros variant of it. Not aware of the Color 8 Full-Strap having another model number, but anything is possible.

-Mike

Yes, they are the BB variant. That explains that. Much appreciated.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could use some help if anyone knows the answer to this question. Back at the beginning of March Unionmade put up some makeups for pre-order, such as the hunting green pairs. Has anyone pre-ordered and if so does anyone know when they're expected to be in stock?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Could use some help if anyone knows the answer to this question.  Back at the beginning of March Unionmade put up some makeups for pre-order, such as the hunting green pairs.  Has anyone pre-ordered and if so does anyone know when they're expected to be in stock?

Once the run goes into production, it takes roughly 4-6 months for them to come in, but hand stitching can slow things down some if the design includes it. I personally do essentially all of my shoes via pre order due to needing a narrow width. They will come in as soon as you forget about it. :)

-Mike

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Once the run goes into production, it takes roughly 4-6 months for them to come in, but hand stitching can slow things down some if the design includes it. I personally do essentially all of my shoes via pre order due to needing a narrow width. They will come in as soon as you forget about it. :)

-Mike

Kind of unsure about how i feel about the indy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

-Mike

Kind of unsure about how i feel about the undy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.

That's one old ass obscure reference. Well done.
Always been a hawks fan and I barely remember he played here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I think it is a really cool idea, but for me I think it would benefit from being based on the Barrie last... I have no doubt the folks who get it will rock it well!

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
I think it is a really cool idea, but for me I think it would benefit from being based on the Barrie last... I have no doubt the folks who get it will rock it well!
As a chukka afficionado, I love it. Was very close to pulling the trigger, but I have a color 8 chukka on the way from Carmina already. :(

zennypoo

Reaction score

Kind of unsure about how i feel about the undy chukka. On one hand its great to see a new model but it has a bit of franco harris in a seahwaks jersey for me.
Not sure about the reference but I think I get what you mean, I'm a little put off by the proportions too. A TB last Indy works well as a "high boot", but might be too wide as a chukka.
Quote:
I was thinking the exact same thing!! A Barrie lasted color Indy Chukka boot with commando sole...or plaza last. If we can get 12 together, that can probably become a reality..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads