• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Large Feet Thread – dedicated to info on where to get plus size shoes

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mw313! I have a dark brown St Crispin shoe in uk 13 G in the classic last. The fit is really quite good. I will be looking to improve upon it at the next trunk show. They are very good shoes with a quite distinct character.

Foe reference, I usually wear uk 13e (crockett & jones 348/ edward green 82 last). St Crispin appears to size widths somewhat differently from other shoe makers.

Great to hear!

What other shoes (EG, GG, Alden, AE, etc.), lasts, and sizes do you wear for reference?

I can only wear the 202 by EG because that is the only one that they can make in an extra narrow UK B width on the 13.5 UK. It is still a bit wide for me so I'm thinking that a UK 13 B would work width wise and would be close enough for length.

That makes me think that St. C in 13 may work but i don't know if 12.5 could be better and they can build it up if needed and won't have to take as much away for the width. Philip Carr basically told me that a custom last is all that he could imagine working for me, but it will be tough to get the time to see him in person, so any tips for a starting point would help and then I probably would try to send him tracings and measurements of my feet if he would take them.

Bearcat1

Reaction score
I wear the following:
Uk 13e C&J 348
Uk13E EG 82
Uk 13F EG 888 last
Uk 13G St Crispin classic last
Uk 13.5 G&G mh71
14d AE8 last AE 1 last AE 2 Last AE 7 last.
14C Alden (Leydon last)

It may be worth attending a trunk show to get a proper measurement. They are doing a trunk show this Friday at Leatherfoot in Toronto.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear the following:
Uk 13e C&J 348
Uk13E EG 82
Uk 13F EG 888 last
Uk 13G St Crispin classic last
Uk 13.5 G&G mh71
14d AE8 last AE 1 last AE 2 Last AE 7 last.
14C Alden (Leydon last)

It may be worth attending a trunk show to get a proper measurement. They are doing a trunk show this Friday at Leatherfoot in Toronto.

Okay thanks. Hey all seem pretty much in line with the standards except the GG. I'm still so surprised by that one. What width is that on?

I agree in that a trunk show is easiest with proper notification to them of your size range so they know to carry that size with them. The only problem for most of us is distance to a participating city or time to get there.

For me it is time since philly has so,e gunk shows and I'm only 2 hrs from NYC. Getting a weekday off is tough.

Bearcat1

Reaction score
Saint Crispin Trunk Show Update

Got measured by Philip Carr today at Leatherfoot. What a nice fellow and a gentleman! Great experience! He confirmed that I was about a 93% fit in Uk 13G in the classic last. He also stated that "G" is actually their standard width. Presumably St. Crispin's Uk 13G is equivalent to the Uk 13E of most British shoemakers.

A couple of adjustments could be made to improve fit for what I understand would be a $100 fee. Philip advised that my shoe should be worn about 15 times to break it in. Great experience overall. St. Crispin shoes are expensive, but the classic last happens to fit me quite well, and frankly, I don't mind giving my business to a genuinely nice and humble fellow such as Philip.

This experience was drastically different from the time I was measured by Dean Girling from G&G.

In what some may consider typical British fashion, Dean proceeded to (i) mock the Alden NST I was wearing at the time which I gather he found pedestrian, (ii) then deplore how awkwardly shaped my feet are, before (iii) finally getting around to measuring my feet (for which he actually did a decent job). I then had to wait nearly a year and a half, before finally receiving with my Rioja Gable G&G to the great pleasure and satisfaction of my commoners' feet. Nice shoe, but I can't help but wonder whether, all things considered, they were worth the aggravation.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saint Crispin Trunk Show Update

Got measured by Philip Carr today at Leatherfoot. What a nice fellow and a gentleman! Great experience! He confirmed that I was about a 93% fit in Uk 13G in the classic last. He also stated that "G" is actually their standard width. Presumably St. Crispin's Uk 13G is equivalent to the Uk 13E of most British shoemakers.

A couple of adjustments could be made to improve fit for what I understand would be a $100 fee. Philip advised that my shoe should be worn about 15 times to break it in. Great experience overall. St. Crispin shoes are expensive, but the classic last happens to fit me quite well, and frankly, I don't mind giving my business to a genuinely nice and humble fellow such as Philip.

This experience was drastically different from the time I was measured by Dean Girling from G&G.

In what some may consider typical British fashion, Dean proceeded to (i) mock the Alden NST I was wearing at the time which I gather he found pedestrian, (ii) then deplore how awkwardly shaped my feet are, before (iii) finally getting around to measuring my feet (for which he actually did a decent job). I then had to wait nearly a year and a half, before finally receiving with my Rioja Gable G&G to the great pleasure and satisfaction of my commoners' feet. Nice shoe, but I can't help but wonder whether, all things considered, they were worth the aggravation.

Thanks for the update! That is great that Philip was able to get your size right. Did you get the adjustments made or just get the standard classic last in 13G? Once you confirm your sizing, you can then order future pairs from Skoaktiebolaget for better pricing and phenomenal service.

That is a shame about your experience with GG. I spoke with Dean by email multiple times and he was very candid but respectful with me saying that he would make the adjustments for an extremely narrow last but just couldn't promise a perfect fit because it is so off the scale. He said that he would not want to just take my money and not make me happy but offered to meet with me in person when I would have a chance and really try to hash things out like a bespoke last vs MTO adjusted to my narrow foot as a try. I went with the MTO for now and may try bespoke at a later time depending on how the fit of the next pair is.

Bearcat1

Reaction score
I actually came in with the pair I own which is on the standard last. No adjustment has been made. St Crispin is great but I am looking forward to my Enzo Bonafé MTO to see whether the fit, comfort and styling will be to my liking, at the more attractive price. So far the service at Skoak has been very good. We shall see.....

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually came in with the pair I own which is on the standard last. No adjustment has been made. St Crispin is great but I am looking forward to my Enzo Bonafé MTO to see whether the fit, comfort and styling will be to my liking, at the more attractive price. So far the service at Skoak has been very good. We shall see.....

I can imagine since EB is about 1/2 price from St. C.

What last and size did you order for the EB?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
F is standard width for StC, there must have been some mistake in communication. G is wide.

My best fitting lasts:
Carmina Rain - UK 11
Enzo Bonafè 74945 - UK 11.5
Gaziano & Girling MH71 - UK 11.5 F
Edward Green 82 - UK 11.5 F
Saint Crispin's Classic - I wear UK 11.5 G although these are not very snug. I can also wear UK 11.5 F but the instep is a bit too tight so I made a custom last that is basically a UK 11.5 F with a more generous instep.

You are also always welcome to email [email protected] for fitting advice, the boys in the store are very experienced with giving fitting advice based on reference lasts from different makers, they do it 8 hours a day. :)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
... I also want to add that I would strongly encourage people to order from the retailer that you were fitted at, they put a lot of time and effort to host a trunk show and often share the travel expenses of the maker. Just imagine the cost of the beer tab alone for a 6'4" Austrian! :) No but seriously, please consider order locally.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... I also want to add that I would strongly encourage people to order from the retailer that you were fitted at, they put a lot of time and effort to host a trunk show and often share the travel expenses of the maker. Just imagine the cost of the beer tab alone for a 6'4" Austrian!
smile.gif
No but seriously, please consider order locally.

haha.

Well what are your thoughts for the group of use who can't make it to a trunk show due to distance from a retailer or time constraints? Would you be willing to take tracings/measurement/pictures/etc. to make a last and just have a trial shoe made to confirm the fit? I can imagine that for someone like me who has multiple pairs from you guys, would make it quite a bit less difficult, because we know what general sizes and lasts fit me in various brands that you carry already to have a guide. Then the info on my feet (taken by a professional) would probably help with the rest of the fine details. Then finally the trial shoe would help work out any last adjustments.

This probably would help greatly for any of us large sized guys!

justrelax

Reaction score
I wear a 15B - American. I can get fits from Allen Edmonds, Alden, and Neal M with very limited selections.. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

haha. 

Well what are your thoughts for the group of use who can't make it to a trunk show due to distance from a retailer or time constraints? Would you be willing to take tracings/measurement/pictures/etc. to make a last and just have a trial shoe made to confirm the fit? I can imagine that for someone like me who has multiple pairs from you guys, would make it quite a bit less difficult, because we know what general sizes and lasts fit me in various brands that you carry already to have a guide. Then the info on my feet (taken by a professional) would probably help with the rest of the fine details. Then finally the trial shoe would help work out any last adjustments.

This probably would help greatly for any of us large sized guys!

Sorry, did not see this until now. I'm sure we can help you, please email us and we'll work something out.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a 15B - American. I can get fits from Allen Edmonds, Alden, and Neal M with very limited selections.. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

There is not much in that size range unless you are willing to go up substantially in price. Crockett and jones may be able to work it out on a special order. Tauer and Johnson can do that size and you can customize a lot but in my opinion they are not elegant at all. They are like more of a comfort dress shoe but you may like them. The pricing is more reasonable for the options they offer.

Otherwise most other possible options would be in the $1000 range or higher. It is the narrow part that makes it so tough because there are a few that offer 15 on order but they would probably be way too wide if you're a B.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, did not see this until now. I'm sure we can help you, please email us and we'll work something out.

No problem. I figured that I would wait until my EB MTO comes in and then we can work on fit after we have a pair to compare against. Does that sound good?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads