• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you gents are missing Med's important point here; whatever I'm doing is wrong and stupid as he's always right and far smarter than me.

Of course I felt no need to mention the rather large HELOC I keep open on the house, for a mere $50 a year service fee, as that wasn't really part of the topic under discussion. I have no plan to use it but for $50 a year to have the instant ability to tap that kind of funding it's nice if an emergency or investment opportunity should come along. Of course, the only reason I could open up that line of credit is because I made the decision not keep all my taxable discretionary savings in the market but rather to also use a portion to pay off the mortgage.

I understand that $50 a year is no doubt a rip off and I should have the banks writing me cheques for the honour of doing business with me.
So you are paying $50 to store your money in the mattress? And $50 fee goes towards quick access to the mattress?
You are too clever.

brokencycle

Reaction score
So you are paying $50 to store your money in the mattress? And $50 fee goes towards quick access to the mattress?
You are too clever.

No. He's paying $50/year to have access to a large bucket of another person's money.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having brick veneer on an interior wall isn't much different than having it on the outside of your house. It's mostly decorative in either case.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But like... Is anyone supposed to believe that his his thousands of square feet of wood framed additions somehow have a random wall made out of bricks?

At least a brick facade makes it look like it was built from bricks.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
No. He's paying $50/year to have access to a large bucket of another person's money.

Exactly. But let's just keep in mind that $50 is ill spent money per Meddie.

That brick stuff is fugly.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would this still be considered faux brick accent wall or not. I am confused.

I don't understand what you're asking, they're cut from the original bricks. I didn't want to put in a full brick and give up 3" of the room.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But like... Is anyone supposed to believe that his his thousands of square feet of wood framed additions somehow have a random wall made out of bricks?

At least a brick facade makes it look like it was built from bricks.

My house is all brick on the exterior. I have several interior walls that were original brick exteriors, which I kept as part of additions I did in the past. Since the house has several brick walls, this new wall ties into the rest of the house fine. My intent was not to fool anyone into thinking my house was built in 1830, so I am not sure what your point is, other than you find accent walls to be controversial. Would you feel better if it was wood paneling, shiplap or stone?

Last edited:

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the quote to upgrade my downstairs doors from Trustile solid core MDF to Trustile Infinite Rail mahogany doors. $12k.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Just got the quote to upgrade my downstairs doors from Trustile solid core MDF to Trustile Infinite Rail mahogany doors. $12k.

Are the solid mdf ones the raised panels or modern too? Because they should offer some modern looks in the other lines - just not a lot of inlays would be my guess - and they should have solid wood offerings.

Personally, those infinite rail doors do anything for me, so I'd find different solid wood doors.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mdf doors were modern. Very similar styling but plain white. I love the infinite rail doors. I wish I didn't. But it will add a pretty polished feel to the house.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads