• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chipotle Thread

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My godfather is one of the top Chipotle execs in the world, he works corporate but is based out of San Francisco. I refused to eat it for so long until he forced me to go one day, this was years ago.. i hated it.
Then i went back with him about a year ago, not sure what changed but i loved it. I think it's really good, and i lived in the Mission district in SF for 11 years and know what real Mexican food is.
This is not real Mexican food, but do i care?
I eat the burrito bowl with no rice and a side of chips, i actually CRAVE it now. No idea how that happened.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I actually saw somebody doing this today - using the chips to scoop his "concoction" out of the bowl.

Dude...you've never done that? you're missing out man. And I'm that dude who bogart's a lot of lemon wedges.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to do the BOGO, but I don't have a printer. Fuuuuuuuu

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I eat the burrito bowl with no rice and a side of chips, i actually CRAVE it now. No idea how that happened.

reminds me, I agree the burrito bowl is a good new concept. I've often gotten huge ass burritos from mexican places and I've just cut it open and ate the ingredients and not the tortilla. the bowl idea is brilliant.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was going to respond to pebble grain's post but there were just too many things for me to keep track of how I was going to disagree with all of them. I eat at chipotle because it tastes good to me--there is no other reason to eat somewhere. I suppose the cleanliness issues might give you a reason not to eat somewhere but even the ****** mexican places near me are clean enough.

Originally Posted by kiya
This is not real Mexican food, but do i care?

+1
The food tastes good, so I desire to eat it. I have a half mexican friend who would always complain about it not being "real" (or really complain about anything that anyone called a burrito that had anything besides beans inside of it).

I could care less how real it is as long as it tastes good. If you want to cram a bunch of stuff in a big tortilla and call it a burrito--which seems to be a pretty accepted definition in the US--go for it!

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want a buy one get one free coupon, just watch this video. And I have been printing them out like it's hot, so there is no limit
smile.gif
http://apps.facebook.com/videocoupon/

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used the coupon today ... they were giving bogo to people w/out coupon and told me to keep it and use it another day.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about doing that, but what the hell would I do with two burritos?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Thinking about doing that, but what the hell would I do with two burritos?

Go with a friend?

Save one for later?

Pinothabit

Reaction score
Here's my beef with Chipotle: To my palette, it has no flavor. Sure it tastes decent as "food", but as "mexican food" it just strikes me as boring.....the whitest mexican food ever. No lard in the beans, no achiote in the rice, no frying of the carnitas in the pork fat...... I do think it's some of the better "fast-food" out there so I won't knock it on all accounts, but when it comes to Mexican food I need more artery-clogging, taste-bud satisfying lard.
laugh.gif

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinothabit
Here's my beef with Chipotle: To my palette, it has no flavor. Sure it tastes decent as "food", but as "mexican food" it just strikes me as boring.....the whitest mexican food ever.

No lard in the beans, no achiote in the rice, no frying of the carnitas in the pork fat......

I do think it's some of the better "fast-food" out there so I won't knock it on all accounts, but when it comes to Mexican food I need more artery-clogging, taste-bud satisfying lard.
laugh.gif

Chipotle is based in Denver, were you expecting something other than white Mexican food? Though I do agree that it does not hit the same spot as real Mexican.

skywalker

Reaction score
In regards to their food, I could eat it daily, I have a friend who eats it daily.

I actually had a friend who invested in the company and more than doubled his money.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amstokesdb9
Chipotle is based in Denver, were you expecting something other than white Mexican food? Though I do agree that it does not hit the same spot as real Mexican.
Lol. I can assure you that Denver's Mexican food scene is legit. 31% of Denver's population is Latino. And lol at the supposition that people have to be Mexican or Latino to cook Mexican food. If associating skin color were some sort of requisite for cooking regional cuisines, most restaurants wouldn't even be in business. I'm always amazed at the blatant racism people display in their bias of who is capable of combining steak, cilantro, onions, and salsa together on a tortilla.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads