• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chipotle Thread

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
buy one get one free burritos is insane, no child left behind at that price.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
buy one get one free burritos is insane, no child left behind at that price.

No child left non-obese..

Chipotle's portions are for dinosaurs.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
No child left non-obese..

Chipotle's portions are for dinosaurs.

Yeah, I don't see how people can do it for lunch. I can do one for dinner and feel fine (though I know its a ton of food) but would feel like **** if I do it for lunch.

Not to mention that I find them to do a pretty bad job of making your burrito during the lunch rush. It is a little better if you order online but they are so rushed to make it that you end up with a poor distribution of ingredients that has been rolled up so badly that it falls apart.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont care if its "fake" or not. Its damn good.

And also is it unhealthy if you take out the huge calorie aspect? I normally just get a bowl, rice, beans, veggies, lettuce, mild sauce, corn, chicken/steak, and a tiny bit of sour cream. I fail to see how this is unhealthy.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
I dont care if its "fake" or not. Its damn good. And also is it unhealthy if you take out the huge calorie aspect? I normally just get a bowl, rice, beans, veggies, lettuce, mild sauce, corn, chicken/steak, and a tiny bit of sour cream. I fail to see how this is unhealthy.
I don't think it's terribly unhealthy, aside from the huge amount of sodium. Calorie wise, if you ate fairly sensibly for your other two meals, it isn't the worst fast food you could eat.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the butter in the rice and the oil on the meats and veggies are the only mildly unhealthy aspect. I'm with SField.. if you're gonna eat fast food.... it's probably a good bet.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yea I figured most of it was the calorie aspect that got people, "OMG SO UNHEALTHY".

I can consume tons of calories being a swimmer, I dont want absolute garbage going into my body though.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Free coupon is for watching a promo on Facebook... just google......... free chipotle burrito next great restaurant

And you have to be on facebook

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I skip the rice, but add peppers/onions, beans, chicken, hot sauce, corn, guac and lettuce all in a bowl sans tortilla. If that's "unhealthy" then I'm one unhealthy motherfucker.

I live in Queens and eat mexican off the trucks/taco stands occasionally as I'm sure the lot of you do in your respective cities. It sometimes tastes amazing but I have no idea whether the chicken was raised humanely or locally, whether the beans are organic and what the calorie amount is or how much sodium I'm consuming. It tastes authentic and just plain good, along with not affecting my overall health. Taking that into perspective, what the **** is the big deal with people who have a problem with Chipotle? You can practically find out the source and origin of the proteins you're consuming along with finding out the approximate amount of sodium and calories on their website. The Chipotle hate is laughable really. ::reaching for my last coupon::

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
I skip the rice, but add peppers/onions, beans, chicken, hot sauce, corn, guac and lettuce all in a bowl sans tortilla. If that's "unhealthy" then I'm one unhealthy motherfucker. I live in Queens and eat mexican off the trucks/taco stands occasionally as I'm sure the lot of you do in your respective cities. It sometimes tastes amazing but I have no idea whether the chicken was raised humanely or locally, whether the beans are organic and what the calorie amount is or how much sodium I'm consuming. It tastes authentic and just plain good, along with not affecting my overall health. Taking that into perspective, what the **** is the big deal with people who have a problem with Chipotle? You can practically find out the source and origin of the proteins you're consuming along with finding out the approximate amount of sodium and calories on their website. The Chipotle hate is laughable really. ::reaching for my last coupon::
Chipotle, for some reason, makes me feel a bit sick. There's something that just makes my stomach turn slightly. I also don't think their burritos are worth 1000 calories. I'd rather eat a sensational burger. To me chipotle is just a lot of filler and the meat isn't particularly alluring. The chicken has this sort of rancid taste to it, and the pork is incredibly bland and watery.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
No child left non-obese.. Chipotle's portions are for dinosaurs.
Yeah. I got a bowl recently for dinner and couldn't finish it. Too much ****. I don't think I'm going back to Chipotle because I inevitably get a stomach ache afterward.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you SField and you have a valid reason why you dislike Chipotle -- you just don't like the taste of it. Depending on the location I think you make some valid points, especially on the pork. I really dislike their pork.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't had one of these gut bombs in quite awhile. Used to do it maybe once a month after a hard boxing session and feel no worse for wear, but these days I'd rather trek an extra few blocks and get some carnitas or al pastor tacos from one of those hole-in-the-wall taquerias that are all over the place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads