• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

...it sounds like maybe yes. Does it also sync your apps between iPhone and iPad? Not only data, but if you download a new app on one, will it add it to the other? If you change the location of an app on one, will it update the other (I guess one device would need to be defined as a master device for this to work)

I don't know if there is a way to do this, but the apps on my iPhone and iPad are not synched.

scamster

Reaction score

I've had the iPhone 6 for about a month. I so enjoy its sleek lean shape and feel. The display is remarkable. I've been leaving my Fuji camera at home on trips.

I've also migrated everything over to the new Apple operating system Yosemite and integrated my phone, iPad and iMac as well as backed up to the cloud. Can't say I'm a big fan of Apple Mail but everything else seems to work well together. Its a very nice system.

have to say the same, was a little worried about the size of the 6 but very glad I got it, with the rounded edges and how thin it is you doesn't feel big in the hand, although must admit I do have large hands.

just came back from an apple store and looking at the 5k retina iMac, it is absolutely stunning and agree with gomestar! just a pity that its not available as a stand alone display.

talking of Apple's Mail I'm not too happy with it never have been really, it's ok but wondering if anyone can recommend a mail client that can used with multiple accounts?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Airmail 2 on my Mac and Acompli on my iPhone. The one thing I am losing out on entirely is Handoff/Continuity.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Most apps for iPad are separate apps from the ones coded for iPhone. So I don't think that type of syncing would really work.

scamster

Reaction score

Oh, I've been through that process several times. I agree that it's great. What I'd like to do is to duplicate EVERYTHING (apps, pics, contacts, text messages, etc.) across multiple devices, and have them all sync up during nightly backup. Not sure if that's possible or not, but...
...it sounds like maybe yes. Does it also sync your apps between iPhone and iPad? Not only data, but if you download a new app on one, will it add it to the other? If you change the location of an app on one, will it update the other (I guess one device would need to be defined as a master device for this to work)

some apps do sync, if you install an app on your iPad it can show up on your iPhone and vice versa but only if it is compatible with the iDevice. like Jr Mouse says some are only coded for an iPad or iPhone also you'll find newer versions and just newer apps will not work on an older iDevice. as for moving an apps location on the springboard that will not sync.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Make sure you also setup/sync so that when you receive a text on your phone, you can reply via iPad/Mac. Another cool feature. Never a need to gran your phone again if you are on the same network. You can also start a text on your iPad/Mac and reply via another device.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

aglose

Reaction score

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am more excited by the new Google music service, but will probably stick with Spotify since it is Carplay compatible. Maybe Beats will be worth it if it better integrates your owned music from iTunes into syncing...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does Spotify mobile work with personal songs?

On the PC you can add mp3s to your library and Spotify handles them the seamlessly with streamed and cached songs.

Does this work with mobile and for car play? Can you get mp3s of the new Taylor Swift album (bad example... But it is something unavailable on Spotify) and then seamlessly have them in playlists with other stuff?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the trick is you have to sync them with iTunes and then they can play in Spotify playlists. Obviously this is a bit of a pain **********. I basically have a playlist I dump songs I want to use with Spotify.

There are lots of odd omissions for Spotify, often just 1 song here and there by an artist... They should offer to sell you the track right then and there for a buck and then have it stream to you personally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads