• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is what I did originally, I found out you could theoretically put a 2GB and a 4 in there to max it out, so I did. Ended up getting tired of the lag, etc. Rolling with 16GB now is heaven.

I may actually have to replace the Macbook because the keyboard has just started to act strangely,
like randomly putting letters in, selecting and deleting text by itself, when hands are in close proximity of it. It's not bad for a laptop, it's seven years old, the original Apple battery is still holding up. It was the cheapest Macbook at the time, white plastic, core 2 duo 2.1 GHz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD originally. It was my father's originally, and he gave it to me two years ago.

It's the only Apple product I've got, that and a iPod Touch first gen, which still works.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's like it's possessed by something. :D As long this Mac doesn't start spewing pea soup at me!

It's intermittent typing something, and suddenly the cursor starts jumping around, goes to a random place, selects all text, does a delete, etc. It's not proximity of the trackpad to my wrists doing it, already checked that.

I'm thinking of another Macbook, but it seems they've all gone to SSD storage and only 128GB as standard, unless paying a premium for 256GB or 512GB. I put a 1GB HDD in this one a couple of years ago, to replace the 120GB it came with, and it is quite full of songs, movies, docs, etc. I still use the DVD sometimes for movies. New Macbooks don't have a DVD either? Have to use an external one.

Last edited:

aglose

Reaction score
It's like it's possessed by something.
biggrin.gif
As long this Mac doesn't start spewing pea soup at me!

It's intermittent typing something, and suddenly the cursor starts jumping around, goes to a random place, selects all text, does a delete, etc. It's not proximity of the trackpad to my wrists doing it, already checked that.

I'm thinking of another Macbook, but it seems they've all gone to SSD storage and only 128GB as standard, unless paying a premium for 256GB or 512GB. I put a 1GB HDD in this one a couple of years ago, to replace the 120GB it came with, and it is quite full of songs, movies, docs, etc. I still use the DVD sometimes for movies. New Macbooks don't have a DVD either? Have to use an external one.

You could get an older model and then replace some stuff on it. I know the pre flash storage MacBooks still had removable HDD.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's like it's possessed by something.
biggrin.gif
As long this Mac doesn't start spewing pea soup at me!

Yeah, but an external DVD player/writer is only like 50$, and most older laptops couldnt write blueray/DVDs anyway, so its an upgrade.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty impressed by the battery life of the new Macbook. Used it for over 4 hours today (web browsing, powerpoint and word docs) and only used 21% battery. Still not 100% used to typing on it though.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My watch has arrived and is all setup. Been playing around with it for a good 10 - 15 minutes.

First things first, my arm hurts
1f613.png

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bruh, I'm already bored with it. Not much else I can do with it other than wait for notifications to come in and just live with it on a day-to-day basis.

First major impression: I'm finding it a lot easier to scroll around with my index finger instead of relying on the digital crown -- on a 38mm, nonetheless.

Last edited:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want some hilarious entertainment go to the mac rumors forums watch section. Little crybabies stomping their feet they stayed awake until 3am to preorder and aren't getting their watch today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads