• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

frankmartin

Reaction score

Oops.

Well for insoles you have three options: standard leather, poron foam, or independence insole, which is leather wrapped in padding and only available with indy or shell cordovan price points.

Edit: you can also add a heel pad or padded sockliner or half-sockliner. I'll upload some pics of each in the morning.

For lining, you have standard leather in various colors (brown, black, blue, orange, red, maybe more), or independence lamb skin lining (again only for 499$+ makeups.)

There is also a golf insole which is very comfy. It seems similar to the Independence insole to me, but the golf one may have more padding. Some models seem to have padding between the tongue and lining (Heritage) or even padding between the upper and lining for most of the shoe (first cut). Shoes like the Wilbert and Fenway have padding around the ankle and tongue. I have an email in to Allison asking if there is a listing of all the insoles or a document which describes all of them.

edit: I'm thinking that the golf insole is as comfy as or possibly moreso than the independence insole. The Golf insole should be available at a lower price point.

I'm very interested in seeing the pictures. Thank you for offering to do that.

Last edited:

jubu

Reaction score

There is also a golf insole which is very comfy. It seems similar to the Independence insole to me, but the golf one may have more padding. Some models seem to have padding between the tongue and lining (Heritage) or even padding between the upper and lining for most of the shoe (first cut). Shoes like the Wilbert and Fenway have padding around the ankle and tongue. I have an email in to Allison asking if there is a listing of all the insoles or a document which describes all of them.

edit: I'm thinking that the golf insole is as comfy as or possibly moreso than the independence insole. The Golf insole should be available at a lower price point.

I'm very interested in seeing the pictures. Thank you for offering to do that.

That Golf Insole sounds interesting--could be useful for long walking days in the city.....I wonder if one would have to size up to accommodate the extra padding?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's a look at some insoles:

Standard leather insole (McTavish)

Standard leather insole with heel pad and half sockliner (amok):

Standard leather sole with heel pad and full sockliner (Ardsley Park MTO):

Poron insole (Shaker Heights):

Independence insole (Rutledge):

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's going to any of the NYC trunk shows? I'm trying to make one, but wouldn't mind meeting some forum members there as well.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who's going to any of the NYC trunk shows? I'm trying to make one, but wouldn't mind meeting some forum members there as well. 

I will. Not sure which one, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads