• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody notice that Shoebank is having a 2 for $499 sale on calfskin shoes? Didn't see this one coming.

Calfskin dress shoes 2 pair for $499. Please complete the order with one store to take advantage of the 2 for $499 pricing.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody notice that Shoebank is having a 2 for $499 sale on calfskin shoes? Didn't see this one coming.

Calfskin dress shoes 2 pair for $499. Please complete the order with one store to take advantage of the 2 for $499 pricing.
Thanks for the heads up. IMHO, still a bit on the high side considering the RDA sale is coming up very soon.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please do hurry up people. It's been a rainy week in HTX and I keep wishing I had those grain ECs already :)

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok gents, just to tide you guys over until our GMTOs arrive. My last pair of MTOd shoes before the original SF program went away

a7e5epes.jpg

ydy9yzav.jpg

su2y2yta.jpg

u2e8y4y9.jpg

These are Clark st in russet brown Dublin. I'm thinking of returning them because they got the stitching incorrect (black instead of tone on tone) and the topline binding (black instead of brown). I just feel it classes too much with the edge dressing. Also wanted flat brown laces but I can easily address that.

Enjoy!

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok gents, just to tide you guys over until our GMTOs arrive. My last pair of MTOd shoes before the original SF program went away

a7e5epes.jpg

ydy9yzav.jpg

su2y2yta.jpg

u2e8y4y9.jpg

These are Clark st in russet brown Dublin. I'm thinking of returning them because they got the stitching incorrect (black instead of tone on tone) and the topline binding (black instead of brown). I just feel it classes too much with the edge dressing. Also wanted flat brown laces but I can easily address that.

Enjoy!

Wow, those look terrific. Despite the slip-ups I personally would be loath to return them. Maybe you can get Allison to give you a seconds discount?

Last edited:

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Enjoy!

Bummer that they didn't turn out like you wanted because the overall look is stunning. If you darkened the toes up a bit with some black cream (which may be slightly difficult with Dublin leather), it might pull the shoe together a little more.

IGotId

Reaction score
I know it may be too early to talk about the next GMTO but would anyone be interested in a McGregor/LWB in a similar makeup as this Alfred Sargent (minus the kilt obviously!)

Also, does anyone know if AE has done an austerity brogue before?

zombiesartre

Reaction score
Quote:
Just a heads up. I've been stuck in the lab all week, Plasmids don't grow themselves. I will contact Allison on Monday!

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those look terrific. Despite the slip-ups I personally would be loath to return them. Maybe you can get Allison to give you a seconds discount?
Thanks halfnhalfnhalf. I'd prefer to get them remade, but being in Asia I might be offered seconds price instead as return shipping is not economical for AE. I guess I can have the welt and edge dressing changed to black in a future recraft to match the slip bead and the stitch. Would be quite different from what I envisioned as a casual fun blucher with the original spec, but i think it would still look good.

Ill have to take a picture of this russet brown dublin in natural light, its really an awesome shade of brown and red.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I finally got word yesterday that my burgundy shell Dundees are on their way from the shell sale. They're not perfect, but hopefully worth keeping. Slight possibility they are too small - we'll see.

Anyway, that news got me searching for images of the Dundee, which brought up images of MTO'd versions. Wow! Some of you folks did some knock-out versions of the Dundee! I now feel compelled to recommend that as one of the future GMTO's. The Dundee in brown or burgundy shell with chili/brown welt and light/medium brown transparent edging is something to behold! (You'll have to Google it - I'm not a the photo loading stage yet.) Good looking stuff!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need some MTO action - this thread has stalled!

Anything exciting and new for us @watchidiot or @Kahuna75 ?????

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads