• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have bunch of pairs of Alden's I'd like to move. See below:

1. Alden #8 shell cordovan Oxford wingtips, these are made for Brooks Brothers on Plaza last. I have three pairs of these, used but in excellent condition, size 11D. Come with boxes and shoe bags.

View attachment 2097133
2. Alden long wingtip made for Brooks Brothers Black Fleece. Size 11D and on Barrie last, black color shell cordovan. Good condition, really awesome shoes and built like a tank with double soles, just don't get to wear them often.

View attachment 2097137
3. I also have new pairs (in boxes) of Alden for Brooks suede tassel loafers on Aberdeen, Brown suede, Tan Suede and Burgundy Calf in size 11D. These are all new pairs in boxes and never worn.

Let me know if there is interest, feel free to pm me and I can share pics, pricing, etc.
Bumping this up, if anyone has interest, let me know.

solid_olid

Reaction score
Still have some stuff for sale, make me an offer.
Selling some Aldens, let me know if you have any questions

PriceBrandModelLastStamped SizeLeatherConditionImagesNotesTODO
$300AldenPCT BootsBarrie10.5DCol 8 shell cordovanVery wornImgur: The magic of the InternetGot many miles out of these, huge fan of the double leather soles. Would keep them and eventually resole but don't fit anymore
$275AldenLHSVan10.5DSnuff SuedeGoodImgur: The magic of the InternetNoticeably used, but even and light wear pattern. Very well taken care of, sole barely worn.
$350AldenWingtip bootsBarrie10.5DBrown Alpine GrainVery goodImgur: The magic of the InternetI'm so sad these don't fit :(

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of new, unworn rare shells. Size 9E on the Barrie last. Box and bags included. Price includes shipping to the USA.

Whiskey Saddle $1150
IMG_9107.jpeg
IMG_9086.jpeg

Cigar Vtip $1050
IMG_9035.jpeg
IMG_9036.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump! I would entertain trades on these as well. Doesn't have to be "rare" shell, can be a combo of cash
Alden Color 4 Shell MCT Bluchers
Size 10D on the Plaza last.
Worn 3x, had toe plates installed. Comes with original box and bags.
Asking $825 shipped CONUS

adschus

Reaction score
Is there any interest in a pair of Cigar cordovan tassel loafers, size 10 c/e? Nice condition with original box.

If so, I will post officially in here. Testing the waters first before going to eBay.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I’m looking for Aldens, Barrie last, size US 11 A / C. Any condition considered.

Please send a pm if you have any pairs to sell.

Thanks, AHS

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Hey folks looking for help on sizing, got nothing near me. Drove 4 hours each way last month to the only store around, just found Barrie in 10.5D. 11d was giant., the 10.5 was o'Kayyy, but obviously nowhere near as narrow as I'd like, maybe 10.5C? I figure I'm somewhere in that range.

I am an 11.5B htt & 12B htb
I just learned this, so I'm excitedly exploring what I should be wearing in whatever brands do B width options. Not many.

Is it htb or htt I should base off of?

Would like to know what you recommend I try in Barrie, Grant & Plaza & Hampton.

Fwiw, I have found some allen edmonds Macneils in 11.5B which seem great & a pair of pnw high arch/heel boots in 11B which also fit great. I snagged 2 pairs of aberdeens in 12B (cuz they were a steal & in the town over, so for a sizing test, figured I'd see what tts in htb would feel like. They are bigger than I need of course, but not unbearably with casual socks & a heel & tongue pad ~ if I was so inclined I'm sure., not in a rush to move them, but I am sure I will eventually, once I replace them. Wingtip & Captoe beauties.

That said, I figure I should be in the 10.5C Barrie, or 11C?/11B? Grant or Plaza? Do they come default in narrow, or I should be also looking for B or Cs in 11.5~ fits?

Oh btw;
As a result of this newfound sizing realization, I am naturally now offloading my extensive collection of 10D-10.5D tts stuff, incl, dozen boots, extensive vtg wingtips, many mint, some bnib mostly calf, but with shell peppered in there.

Dm for what you like.
Allen Edmonds
Canada West Moorby
Dayton
Florsheim Imperial
Viberg
Wright
McGuire
Red Wings
More

Will do trades for anything in my size of course.

metamodernman

Reaction score
Hey folks looking for help on sizing, got nothing near me. Drove 4 hours each way last month to the only store around, just found Barrie in 10.5D. 11d was giant., the 10.5 was o'Kayyy, but obviously nowhere near as narrow as I'd like, maybe 10.5C? I figure I'm somewhere in that range.

I am an 11.5B htt & 12B htb
I just learned this, so I'm excitedly exploring what I should be wearing in whatever brands do B width options. Not many.

Is it htb or htt I should base off of?

Would like to know what you recommend I try in Barrie, Grant & Plaza & Hampton.

Fwiw, I have found some allen edmonds Macneils in 11.5B which seem great & a pair of pnw high arch/heel boots in 11B which also fit great. I snagged 2 pairs of aberdeens in 12B (cuz they were a steal & in the town over, so for a sizing test, figured I'd see what tts in htb would feel like. They are bigger than I need of course, but not unbearably with casual socks & a heel & tongue pad ~ if I was so inclined I'm sure., not in a rush to move them, but I am sure I will eventually, once I replace them. Wingtip & Captoe beauties.

That said, I figure I should be in the 10.5C Barrie, or 11C?/11B? Grant or Plaza? Do they come default in narrow, or I should be also looking for B or Cs in 11.5~ fits?

Oh btw;
As a result of this newfound sizing realization, I am naturally now offloading my extensive collection of 10D-10.5D tts stuff, incl, dozen boots, extensive vtg wingtips, many mint, some bnib mostly calf, but with shell peppered in there.

Dm for what you like.
Allen Edmonds
Canada West Moorby
Dayton
Florsheim Imperial
Viberg
Wright
McGuire
Red Wings
More

Will do trades for anything in my size of course.
YMMV, but I'm a low instep 8.5B Brannock, and just found out that a Barrie 7D fits amazingly well. Thought for a while I was going to have to custom order a B width and hope for the best. Sizing way down could be the move on that last.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
YMMV, but I'm a low instep 8.5B Brannock, and just found out that a Barrie 7D fits amazingly well. ...
Take it from me. You're doing it wrong. I actually found a 10C Barrie which seemed fine, but what You're unknowingly doing is not sizing htb. You're just shoving your toes into the toe box. That's what I was doing. That's why us Bs (uninformedly) incorrectly size that far down, in D footwear. When you find yourself your first B width shoe/boot & see how the ball placement should work, you'll never look back.

Go look for 8B~8.5B tts stuff & see what you find.
Allen edmonds
Franks, Nick's, Whites, etc,
Heck even Alden

We do have some options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads