• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"technical" fabrics - travel, high twists etc

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
Hi, What did you mean by getting one of the "Italian" ones made?
one of the Italian tailors I know, at least my ones are pretty open about the cloths they want to work with and the respective downsides, they steered me away from superfine weaves 180S or 14micron in my early days - as I didn't know any better and thought the finer the better 🙃

also found that Propercloth has a few color options for 360 bucks, in case anyone else is looking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enfusia

Reaction score
one of the Italian tailors I know, at least my ones are pretty open about the cloths they want to work with and the respective downsides, they steered me away from superfine weaves 180S or 14micron in my early days - as I didn't know any better and thought the finer the better 🙃

also found that Propercloth has a few color options for 360 bucks, in case anyone else is looking for it
Hi,
IMHO go with your Italian tailor, he sounds honest. I don't speak badly about anyone, but you mentioned a company which was one of the ones I was referring to that I would stay away from for high end shirting.

Yes, for young guys who wear just ok clothes they are fine. You know the guy. You're having a conversation with other legit guys, he walks up and you tell him to go get your coffee.

I didn't take you as that type a guy.

Even to the untrained eye, the stuff they produce is average at best. You look at how they are made and it's just, Meh....

Have your Italian tailor do it, it may be a bit more but I think you'll actually be happy with the results.

Last edited by a moderator:

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
Hi,
IMHO go with your Italian tailor, he sounds honest. I don't speak badly about anyone, but you mentioned a company which was one of the ones I was referring to that I would stay away from for high end shirting.

Yes, for young guys who wear just ok clothes they are fine. You know the guy. You're having a conversation with other legit guys, he walks up and you tell him to go get your coffee.

I didn't take you as that type a guy.

Even to the untrained eye, the stuff they produce is average at best. You look at how they are made and it's just, Meh....

Have your Italian tailor do it, it may be a bit more but I think you'll actually be happy with the results.

wild, that was the first time I ran into moderation here - and it wasn't even negative

agree, they do good middle-of-the-road stuff, tried their MTM shirting once, and if RTW doesn't fit, I guess it's the next best thing at this price point

if it comes to fruition, I will return to this thread with pictures

until then, travel cloths it is 😎

Enfusia

Reaction score
wild, that was the first time I ran into moderation here - and it wasn't even negative

agree, they do good middle-of-the-road stuff, tried their MTM shirting once, and if RTW doesn't fit, I guess it's the next best thing at this price point

if it comes to fruition, I will return to this thread with pictures

until then, travel cloths it is 😎
Yes, my first moderation experience as well.
If you get one made by them I would be curious to see it and hear your thoughts.

Have a great day!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads