• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another sizing question...

Gitman Vintage shirts in L fit me pretty much perfectly, with J Crew slim fit in L coming a close second. Would I be correct in assuming that a size 44 in TS shirts would be about right?

Also, are there any plans to do another run of the Fair Ends collab camp pants in perhaps a navy or caramel duck (hint hint)?

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Gitman Vintage shirts in L fit me pretty much perfectly, with J Crew slim fit in L coming a close second. Would I be correct in assuming that a size 44 in TS shirts would be about right?

Also, are there any plans to do another run of the Fair Ends collab camp pants in perhaps a navy or caramel duck (hint hint)?

We would recommend going with a 42. In most cases that translates to a L.

As for future collabs with FairEnds, we are working with them right now on another collection, so keep an eye out for that!

stkenned

Reaction score
Great to see the mechanic shirt back in stock. The size 40s went quickly last time!
Will this week's 10% code work on those?

hefner

Reaction score

I find they run slim. I'm about the same size as you and wear an L is most things, but at 44 in Taylor Stitch. I recommend that you order a 42 and a 44, then return the one that doesn't fit as well.

Please report back how it works out for you. I'm curious!

Good luck.

bigwhat62

Reaction score

I find they run slim. I'm about the same size as you and wear an L is most things, but at 44 in Taylor Stitch. I recommend that you order a 42 and a 44, then return the one that doesn't fit as well.

Good luck.

this is the best thing to do. i recommend it as well. i too am L in j crew and other brands that offer a slim fit but find 44 fits me best. to verify the oxfords i have a 42 and 44 on the way. hassle free returns and free shipping.

on anther note, i didnt get an email with the discount code. does that come from signing up for the newsletter?

TactileOne

Reaction score
I rather think most of you are youngish slim guys, I on the other hand am older and portly. I do enjoy quaility clothing and have a question, I purchased a Terry Crewneck in size 46 and it fit fine, purchased a Glacier Shirt made for them by Fair Ends in a 46 and the shoulders were fine, but too tight in the girth. Yes I know I need to lose around 20 pounds. I'd like to pick up a Highlands Shirt, does anyone know if they are cut they same as the Glacier? I emailed TS, but have not heard back. Thanks.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We would recommend going with a 42. In most cases that translates to a L.

As for future collabs with FairEnds, we are working with them right now on another collection, so keep an eye out for that!

Great, thank you. I tend to prefer a "not-quite-as-tailored" fit.

Good luck.

I probably will end up doing that, but shipping to/from Canada is a real pain.

bigwhat62

Reaction score
im hoping more charcoal oxfords will be added? the day i was gonna pull the trigger on a shirt my size sold out. they sat for a few days then...BAM! gone. i ordered the blue though. cant wait for it to show up. how thick are they? i was going to order a white oxford but i hate when the material is so thin on white shirts that the outline of an undershirt is visible. if this is not the case for the white oxford i'll order one next week. the mechanic shirt has me drooling. just saying

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im hoping more charcoal oxfords will be added? the day i was gonna pull the trigger on a shirt my size sold out. they sat for a few days then...BAM! gone. i ordered the blue though. cant wait for it to show up. how thick are they? i was going to order a white oxford but i hate when the material is so thin on white shirts that the outline of an undershirt is visible. if this is not the case for the white oxford i'll order one next week. the mechanic shirt has me drooling. just saying

Early bird catches the worm...they are pretty thick certainly not thin. I pretty much wear oxford cloth shirts everyday and this is by far the best I own. With the exception of maybe one rl one I have that was made in Hong Kong. This fits much better though.

bigwhat62

Reaction score

Early bird catches the worm...they are pretty thick certainly not thin. I pretty much wear oxford cloth shirts everyday and this is by far the best I own. With the exception of maybe one rl one I have that was made in Hong Kong. This fits much better though.

thanks for the info. hopefully white oxford sticks around for a few more days. i need to make sure i get the right size (ordered 42 and 44 in the blue). when the blue oxfords get in and if the 44 fits im ordering the white right away. i scored a gustin chambray shirt for $45 shipped in XL. if that fits i might order their charcoal of more TS doesnt pop up in the next few weeks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads