1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Louys

Louys Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess what bothers me isn't so much the lack of roll. Something like what Kamakura does wouldn't work for TS. However when you do have such a small roll the collars got no breadth, the individual collars just stick up flat. You see a similar phenomenon with skimpy BD's on mall brands. I guess the solution (or at least what would make me happy, since being in buisness proves their customer base doesn't mind) would be to make more shirts with California collars that spread out a little without being too high.

2. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

I'd love a Hyde shirt, as they seem to be made with broadcloth—feels fantastic—but they're cut a little trimmer: the 36 is too tight, the 38 is too big for me.

I might have to MTM a 37. I was told you can tweak about 12 dimensions of the pattern.

There are a few patterns I like, so stay tuned.

3. nathanl

nathanl Well-Known Member

Interesting - I'm a solid 36 Hyde and I've found they fit a little looser than my various casual TS 36es (which is good, since a few of those are too tight).

4. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

THIS +1000. I would buy so many more shirts if they changed this. I think it must work well for a lot of guys--it's very "safe." But I basically don't buy them b/c of the collar. But the point collar is pretty well designed overall.

EDIT: Didn't see your post higher on this page. Totally agree about the mall brand collars--the TS bd collars are almost the same as J.Crew.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  5. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

Good points. What if they brought a higher collar roll to Hyde collection (dressier shirts made with dress fabrics) instead of all casual shirts?

Or would you prefer a signature higher roll collar on all their stuff?

I'm pretty sure this can be specified in MTM shirting.

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

I'd prefer it on all, but I also don't look to them for dressier items. The Hyde stuff looks great, but I already know and love the Epaulet fit for any dress shirts I need--but I buy very few true dress shirts per year, so I'm not the best source for that. I look to TS for good casual pieces that are well made and well priced.

MTM is great and all, but it's not really my path.

7. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

I'll say the Hyde shirt is the best dress shirt for thee money that I own. I love both of them.

8. goldenbear

goldenbear Well-Known Member

I love linen shirts in the Summer. Too bad I don't need a dress shirt. My workplace is real casual. Just a collar is fine. I hope they do some all linen or linen cotton blends in a some interesting colors or gingham patterns. The Epaulet MTM at $170 a piece are just too expensive.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  9. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member

Huge fan of TS .Telegraph Jacket is amazing ,my favorite thing right now . Says a lot considering I got a closet full of unstructured Italian jackets .I have a suggestion for a workshop item that I belive would go over big. I've been looking for a sashiko indigo work type jacket for quite awhile .All the japanese models run too small.The blue blue Japan is spot on but the xl has a 21" chest:confused:[​IMG]

10. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Well-Known Member

So what's the sizing like on shorts/pants that are S/M/L/etc rather than number waists? (looking at those linen shorts but there's no size guide...)

1 person likes this.
  11. benjaminpersitz

benjaminpersitz Member

I'm curious as well.

12. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

for the previous pair that came out last summer, i bought a small and it fit perfectly. i normally wear a 28-29 waist

13. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Yup, that's the style for you. There's lots of amazing Japanese gear I can't stuff my 6'3 frame into for the life of me. Just kills me because there's some great stuff out there.

14. bullswin

bullswin Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the shorts' fly is functional (e.g., zip) or not?

Thanks.

15. rusticchasm

previous one's had a fake fly

16. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

Well I'm 6'4" and would like for Taylor Stitch to make jackets that would fit me in the length.

It's funny because their XXL shirts fit me fine, but the jackets look to run short.

17. rusticchasm

the new sun up/sun down shirt- cotton? size chart looks like the run big...

18. matt1985

matt1985 Well-Known Member

Maybe they have made it a bit bigger for a light layer? Didn't look too bad with the guy wearing it un buttoned with a t - shirt underneath.

19. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

Man I don't get the short length on tops [​IMG]

20. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

You have plenty of choices for longer tops - I'm sure you can find things you like elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015