• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos - a fashion statement?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by starcrash
^^^
Eek! Don't do it.

a. Pam & Tommy Lee did it
b. Hand, face, and neck tattoos seriously freak people out and it's not like you can wear gloves at job interviews.
c. It'll hurt like hell.
d. What if you don't stay married?

A line around the circumference of my ring finger about ____________ this size is going to resemble a ring. Are people offended by rings?

I have friends with tattoos, I am sure the pain this might cause me pales in comparison.

I plan on staying married. Marriage is permanent, like a tatoo. People wear rings because they are a symbol. Like I said you can't undo a tattoo... you can't undo a marriage. When I am married, I am married end of story. 'Til Death do us part' is not 'til i get bored, or we go broke, or ...'

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not the same thing, lol.
Yeesh.

Also, marriages aren't permanent. They can be but they are not always.

June

Reaction score
Some of the crazier tattoos just aren't my thing. It's like wearing an Affliction shirt for life.

Smells Like Poor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Has anyone see the recent RICK TA LIFE picture?

He cut off his dreds and fully tattooed his head

Only hardcore heads will know what i'm talking about.... 25 ta life

It's funny that he was crying for donations for medical bills not too long ago and now he has enough money to get more tattoos...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
don't you have full sleeves Jason?

why not, or are you being facetious?

nothing to do with the future of your marriage, I'm not a fan of facial or hand tattoos unless you are in that line of work and the wedding band line tattoo just looks gauche

might be cheaper than a ring, but I'd go the traditional route this round. Look into Titanium ring for yourself, they can go for a very affordable price, around low $200s

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I am considering getting a tattoo as opposed to a wedding ring. Not only can a tattoo not be taken off, lost, stolen, etc... they are less expensive.
w00t? Not only can a tattoo be taken off but so can a finger and or hand.
eh.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cousin has "pro life" tattood on his back. More of a political statement than a fashion statement...

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
depending on what you get, yeah it can make you unique.
I feel that is beyond the power of mere ink. Also the statement infers that people who do not have a tattoo are not unique.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
I feel that is beyond the power of mere ink. Also the statement infers that people who do not have a tattoo are not unique.
I wouldn't think too much into what you initially reacted to. The guy was just making random posts all across the forum with no actual thought to rack up a post count.

Robbie- I'd agree with Get Smart to definitely go for titanium if you want to keep costs down. Tattoo wedding band, while in theory sounds nice (real permanence), in reality could look pretty bad. It would probably end up looking more like a prison tattoo than something nice to express the love you have for your bride. You also have to keep in mind that tattoo will fade with exposure to the elements. I believe that Jesse James (the motorcycle builder) has a tattoo on the palm of his hand that regularly wears off.
link to a photo of that hand:
http://www.daveralis.com/pavethegras...jesseshand.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members