• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zynga bleeding hard, think this is the low, or is there more pain ahead for them?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zynga bleeding hard, think this is the low, or is there more pain ahead for them?

They will probably bounce with FB. There was an article not too long ago where they said they have 1.8 billion to go on a shopping spree for gaming companies if it needed to, and they'll probably need to as they don't have originality.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people are holding GLUU now anticipating a buyout by ZNGA. I don't see it happening. At least, I hope a buyout doesn't happen heheh

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, a lot of people are holding GLUU now anticipating a buyout by ZNGA. I don't see it happening. At least, I hope a buyout doesn't happen heheh

They need a huge hit, the lucky thing is they only need ONE. OMGPop was making about $500K a day with draw something and ZNGA actually saw the amount of users going from WwF to DS.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Deer Hunter may be the hit, but I dunno.

I'm rather disappointed in GLUU's marketing efforts, or lack thereof so far. I want to see their logo plastered all over tshirts and stuff at Hot Topic the way I do Angry Birds. IMO it's the marketing that makes the games go viral. AB honestly is a crap game, and was a crap game back when I played it on my 386 back when it was called "Scorched Earth".

But AB has the tshirts, the keychains, the figurines, all that crap that people in my office are more than happy to blab about and shell out money for all day long.

They've got some great games that seem to be coming close though. Deer Hunter Reloaded, Samurai vs. Zombies, CK Zombies, Blood & Glory, Stardom. All great games that are tearing up the charts on iOS, Android and Amazon. I cant' wait for earnings on the 2nd.

edit: And I *do* believe the death of the 60 dollar console/pc game is on the horizon.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crossing my fingers for apple's earnings release tomorrow.

At this point, I'm simply indifferent to anymore downward movement.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crossing my fingers for apple's earnings release tomorrow.
At this point, I'm simply indifferent to anymore downward movement.

Yeah I stopped checking since last week, too much to do at school and it gets depressing looked at it each day.

Lot's of talk about DVN, thoughts?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah I stopped checking since last week, too much to do at school and it gets depressing looked at it each day.
Lot's of talk about DVN, thoughts?

I know they say hindsight is 20/20.. but dammit. I remember distinctly, the moment I was in my hotel room, watching Squawk on the Street and about to leave my room for work. It said, "Breaking News: DOJ Files Anti-trust Lawsuit Against Apple," or something along those lines. At the time, I was like, damn, I wouldn't sweat it too much, but the fact that the news made such a big deal out of it by calling it breaking news, I might want to sell it. At the time, the price was at the higher end of $630s -- so, near it's all-time high.

Well, I was running late so I was like *******, I don't want to put in a limit order just right now. Anyway, I go to work.. come back and see that the stock price plummets. I'm pissed. Then the next day, and the day after that, it keeps dropping and dropping and dropping.

And now, here I am. I went from having a portfolio that was highly, highly green, to net red, in the span of two weeks.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know they say hindsight is 20/20.. but dammit. I remember distinctly, the moment I was in my hotel room, watching Squawk on the Street and about to leave my room for work. It said, "Breaking News: DOJ Files Anti-trust Lawsuit Against Apple," or something along those lines. At the time, I was like, damn, I wouldn't sweat it too much, but the fact that the news made such a big deal out of it by calling it breaking news, I might want to sell it. At the time, the price was at the higher end of $630s -- so, near it's all-time high.
Well, I was running late so I was like *******, I don't want to put in a limit order just right now. Anyway, I go to work.. come back and see that the stock price plummets. I'm pissed. Then the next day, and the day after that, it keeps dropping and dropping and dropping.
And now, here I am. I went from having a portfolio that was highly, highly green, to net red, in the span of two weeks.

Yeah I'm too heavily weighted on bank stocks was up 16% two weeks ago, at 4.22% now. Never had time to rebalance Apple neither (although part of not having enough time was it was just doing to fing well :embar: ) Only thing holding me up is LULU gains pretty much

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have a stake in AAPL and for the most part I kick myself, but I ave a feeling that a lot of the price has to do with the fact that cnbc is 24/7 apple pumping amongst other things. I have a tough ime getting behind things like that.

My only other negative comment is that I worry about MBA 'project valuation' style management systems don't do well at keeping creative companies creative. In the end their creativetity is what the public and investors both valued them for, not their ability to rinse and repeat with the latest micro-change designed to have everyone pay another dividend to the house.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ +1. CNBC is all on AAPL's nuts. I don't understand the obsession with owning APPL anyway unless you got in at $12.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any advice on how to buy foreign stocks from with an IRA portfolio?

I am with fidelity and I don't think they will let me trade foreign stock.

I am a big believer in Fast Retailing Co. Ltd. from Japan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads