• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any website for total idiots like me that can explain the state of this today? I haven't paid attention to stem cell stocks since Bush's re-election. Scalped a little ASTM after the debate with Kerry, then watched Geron get pumped up and totally smashed.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a few long term indices - specifically ones that tracks small, value US companies and emerging markets. Anyone know any?

Edit: Passively managed!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HAL up almost 4% today, GLUU 3% so far. Still not in the green, but overall very happy. Probably should have waited to jump into GLUU though, looks like it might be walked down and down on low volume in the coming weeks until news or a press release.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
I'm looking to buy a few long term indices - specifically ones that tracks small, value US companies and emerging markets. Anyone know any?

Edit: Passively managed!

For US value: IWD, IWS, IWN, IWW...and those are just the ishares options.

For emerging markets, VWO is probably the cheapest but i didn't exactly shop around.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NOV breaking out of the descending channel right now. HAL is being a champ, making me some money. Will keep channel trading HAL

edit: NOV close enough to 74 to get my attention now. May go long 1 minute before close

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow GLUU closed STRONG on volume today. Javyn's happy. Best way I know of to play the Zynga IPO. I'll hopefully be selling into a gap up tomorrow

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, this is really helpful!

Originally Posted by asdf
For US value: IWD, IWS, IWN, IWW...and those are just the ishares options.

For emerging markets, VWO is probably the cheapest but i didn't exactly shop around.

Alfa159

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Wow GLUU closed STRONG on volume today. Javyn's happy. Best way I know of to play the Zynga IPO. I'll hopefully be selling into a gap up tomorrow
GLUU is a beast.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CTC's injections now scheduled for mid July.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What to do!? Both my stocks are hitting the top Bollinger Band and stochastics are inconclusive. Do I take profits or ride it out gahhh. I am great at entrances, terrible at exists.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took profits this morning in HAL

GLUU running thanks to Zynga S-1 filing, trading that using Parabolic SAR and Daily 3-min chart right now. Fun fun

edit: Parabolic reversed, out of all positions.

Will consider buying both back after I see how they react to resistances next week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads