• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone else have customer service issues with Tres Bien?

Only at their brick and motar shop never online.

Two customers in the shop and two sales assistances and both serviced the other customer, while I was left standing for 5 min. with a Nanamica gore-tex in my hand and only when I put back and had one foot out the door, they asked if they could help, at that point I was pretty damn pissed and I told the employee "No, I will just order it from Japan as I will be faster" and left.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only at their brick and motar shop never online.
Two customers in the shop and two sales assistances and both serviced the other customer, while I was left standing for 5 min. with a Nanamica gore-tex in my hand and only when I put back and had one foot out the door, they asked if they could help, at that point I was pretty damn pissed and I told the employee "No, I will just order it from Japan as I will be faster" and left.

you are not baller enough apparently. :foo:

Feji

Reaction score

How are returns handled from the US? Do custom charges get refunded too?

You should never have to pay any customs if you return the goods. Just label the customs slip and outside of the box as "Goods Returned".

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should never have to pay any customs if you return the goods. Just label the customs slip and outside of the box as "Goods Returned".

Thanks. Didn't get hit with customs because TBS is awesome. Was just curious if people are refunded customs when receiving an item if they end up returning it.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

... Great bunch of guys over there, still can't get over that fact. I'd even go so far as to say I'd rather cop something at full pop from them than on sale elsewhere because not many shops I've dealt with gave a **** or two about the customer and refuse to accommodate. There aren't many shops that are jet approved but these guys are official.

You've stumbled across the cardinal rule in e-commerce...

Feji

Reaction score

Thanks. Didn't get hit with customs because TBS is awesome. Was just curious if people are refunded customs when receiving an item if they end up returning it.

Depends on the courier. Any 'brokerage' fees won't usually be refunded, but any actual customs taxes wlll be. UPS charges a flat $27ish fee to sign off on packages at customs...so my guess would be that isn't up for refund at all.

ribkin

Reaction score
Their emergence on the scene has coincided with a sharp decline in tech spending for me... sorry newegg

And yeah, full retail pretty much, otherwise it's gone before you blink

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you've already seen on their blog, but they just confirmed they'll be carrying Needles this season.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anybody noticed abnormally delayed shipping? (I know it gets crazy with new arrivals/etc but they've generally been pretty quick even then for me).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics