• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SWD Discussion Thread for Tailoring

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
old Eidos I don't wear anymore (kind skinny lapel high gorge 2010 ish feel type of stuff), I suppose can still wear them (else probably should just sell them)

001.jpg

gambled another TF ear Gucci, didn't do enough homework, turn out this is ventless, but actually is fine, though shoulder is a bit too retro (something off with the contrast, pant is just black but I suppose it tells me navy works fine too)

002.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Todd Snyder that can kind work for people who love wider pants

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
old Eidos I don't wear anymore (kind skinny lapel high gorge 2010 ish feel type of stuff), I suppose can still wear them (else probably should just sell them)

View attachment 2168295

gambled another TF ear Gucci, didn't do enough homework, turn out this is ventless, but actually is fine, though shoulder is a bit too retro (something off with the contrast, pant is just black but I suppose it tells me navy works fine too)

View attachment 2168297

The Gucci jacket looks very good to me.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoulder is very built up (as one would expect) but it’s kind flat vs say modern TF Windsor that slope a bit (also very build up shoulder), so I guess just not used to it.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulder is very built up (as one would expect) but it’s kind flat vs say modern TF Windsor that slope a bit (also very build up shoulder), so I guess just not used to it.

As I see, the fit is very good. Although you may prefer another cut on the shoulder, I find that it suits you and that style. Personally, I like different takes, roped (rollino), "spalla a camicia", pagoda...

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good eye, these are just wranglers dress jeans, 100% polyester definitely helps them stay clean rather than cotton that’s a bit rumpled by the end of day
Edit and it’s navy instead of black though all of pictures looks pretty much black

Last edited:

Voidoid

Reaction score
As recently discussed orphaned jackets. Yesterday thrifted brioni jacket in dark navy colour, it's kinda cool and fit me quite well so I kept it. But now I'm struggling with what trousers to wear with it. The jacket itself have quite a bit luster, although its still 100% wool. So I'm leaning towards ether slim black trousers ( kinda 90s minimalism look ) or straight beige trousers, there is another option with white trousers, but it's too much dandy. Grey trousers no , because its typical CM look.
IMG_20240413_142000.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
As recently discussed orphaned jackets. Yesterday thrifted brioni jacket in dark navy colour, it's kinda cool and fit me quite well so I kept it. But now I'm struggling with what trousers to wear with it. The jacket itself have quite a bit luster, although its still 100% wool. So I'm leaning towards ether slim black trousers ( kinda 90s minimalism look ) or straight beige trousers, there is another option with white trousers, but it's too much dandy. Grey trousers no , because its typical CM look. View attachment 2169271
Brown trousers (maybe those wrangler wrancher that everyone likes), green cords or something that looks like it belongs on a kilt. White jeans or faded blue jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads