• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

mildundklar

Reaction score
Really nice!

This is my recept purchase & my new favorite.

krad54

Reaction score
Hey folks! I hope this is the right place to ask, but I've recently been looking for a pair of Clubmaster-style half frame sunglasses. From what I've found, the ones that fit best for me are slightly squared off, like the Dita Nomad and the Salt Harlan frames. I have a slim, oval face and so most of the ray-bans and even persols are a bit too round. Would you guys have any recommendations for a pair under $250? The Maui Jim Stillwater frame also fits really well, but I feel like the antiqued, patterned metal frame is not that versatile. While I love the Salts and the Ditas, they're not in my price range (for now).

Thanks,
-Krad

Phrost

Reaction score
Question on Browline (Clubmaster style) glasses. Were the lenses traditionally made with mineral glass or a form of plastic/polycarbonate?

I checked out some Ray Ban Clubmasters recently and was surprised with the weight, which I'm assuming is from the glass lenses.

Even though they are the modern ones made in China, they felt sturdy and pretty well made to my uneducated eyes. I don't know much about glasses, but from what I noticed, they had 5 barrel hinges and felt substantial in the hand.

Curious, what Browline glasses did Malcolm X wear? From what I gathered, they were from Victory Optical. Can anyone confirm?

mildundklar

Reaction score
Damn, I just realized that my recent sunglasses Moscot Lemtosh are made in China or South Korea. That's a real disappointment - especially when the price is 300 eur. Misleading as ****.

It’s only readable in Moscot FAQ – uploaded as a PDF on Moscots website– therefore not visable by google eyes…

Straight out from Moscots FAQ

WHERE IS MOSCOT EYEWEAR MANUFACTURED?

MOSCOT Eyewear is designed and prototyped in our New York City office, and then
handmade and assembled in our factories in China and South Korea in accordance with our
rigorous standards of quality and excellence. Every MOSCOT frame is then quality controlled
in our New York City Shop’s labs before being

Where are Moscot made?

Moscot are made in China or South Korea.

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mine are from HK which is china...but i wouldnt complain if thats where they are from. Or South Korea for that matter.

South Korea isnt exactly a poor 3rd world country anymore.

mildundklar

Reaction score
mine are from HK which is china...but i wouldnt complain if thats where they are from. Or South Korea for that matter.

South Korea isnt exactly a poor 3rd world country anymore.
Neither do I - if the brand plays with open cards. I really liked a pair of Garrett Leight that I tried, unfortunately... to small. Anyhow - G.L is proud to announce MIC, not the other way around.

Enough is enough. No more tears from my side... ;) I'm just about to pick up my Oliver Peoples Gregory Peck with prescription glass.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
Does anybody have any first hand experience of Nackymade?

I was planning on trying a pair of his RTW sunglasses at Drakes next time I am in London though at £400+ they are quite pricey. I messaged him direct and his bespoke are £600+ so my man maths makes me think the bespoke are somewhat of a bargain compared to his RTW.

Are there any other makers I should consider at this price point who offer true bespoke at the same quality or better that that of Nacky?

I particularly like his style and approach though would be keen to hear people's opinion.

Phrost

Reaction score
How's the quality on Dolabany glasses? I'm interested in the Arnold model.

I've tried on the 44 width, which was way too small on me. The store didn't have the larger width in stock, so I'm still looking to try on the 46 width one in person.

How do Dolabany glasses compare (construction/material wise) to the likes of Moscot (Lemtosh)? How do they compare to vintage Tart Arnel frames?

I think Kiefer Sutherland wears Moscots in his new show. They look good on him. What lens size do you think he's wearing on the show?

jms6668

Reaction score
I tried to go through every thread in this megathread, and I didn't see this question. Forgive me if I missed it; but can someone ID these shades for me?
Yes, I know that Steve McQueen is well know for his Persol's but these appear to be something else. Does anyone know?

yunBW

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between tom ford henry and clubmaster? I can't find any optical store that carries TF henry anymore.

Thanks

Crunchyfrog

Reaction score
Any chance there is anyone out there that recalls what kind of sunglasses these are, from around 2006??

IMG_20170618_225209.jpg

TheFog-1.png

Last edited:

breh

Reaction score
I have a pair of these from a while back and recently found another pair. Definitely my favorite sunglasses. Is there a name for this style of frame where the upper corners are another color of acetate? These are made by Retrosuperfuture, but I am wondering if there are others who make a similar frame.

super-1layout-781.jpg

Sam H

Reaction score
I've wanted a pair of sunglasses like this for probably 8 months or so now:

r1O0pQh.jpg

I recently purchased these and they just arrived: http://www.pretavoir.co.uk/us/saint-laurent-sl-28-012.html

They retail on most sites around $325 but Pretavoir had them for $216 + shipping (last pair I think). They are the St Laurent SL 28 in Crystal/Mirror lens (012 style).

The main difference is the guy in the photo has a metal nose bridge, but on my list of reasons why I liked the glasses that was very low. I just liked the squared off wayfarer-ish look (yet with flat lenses + frame), clear acetate and silver mirror finish. The shape of these glasses and the detailing, barring the bridge, is on point with that photo. Furthermore the only celebrity I could find wearing these glasses was Scott Disick and the guy in the Pitti photo looks like Scott Disick so I was able to get a fairly good read on whether these would have the same look.

Anyway these were made by Kering for St Laurent... does anyone know anything about them? They are made in Italy. It seems they are Luxottica competition. I know Luxottica is frowned upon but their products hold up for me. Is Kering as reliable quality-wise?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads