• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Sun)glass p0rn thread

makker

Reaction score
So I need new shades and I've also been thinking of getting some hip frames as well even though I have perfect eyesight.. just for the style of it, may be ridiculous or not.

What kinds of shades and glasses do you guys prefer?

Start off with an absolute classic:

persol-folding-frame-acetate-sunglasses.jpg

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Transitions are awful. I will never get a pair again, even if its remotely sunny they go dark and you look like a dick wearing them in the winter. Also they take a few minutes to change from dark to clear so when you go inside you have to wear sunglasses for a few minutes.

grouper

Reaction score
i think the main problem with transitions is how small the lenses are. sunglasses with small lenses just don't look good.

and OP: there already is an existing sunglasses thread.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are what I've been wearing for a while:
AuZ6Jl.jpg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Transitions are awful. I will never get a pair again, even if its remotely sunny they go dark and you look like a dick wearing them in the winter. Also they take a few minutes to change from dark to clear so when you go inside you have to wear sunglasses for a few minutes.

Transitions are great and terrible. Great if you get good use out of them but they definitely have their cons. For instance, when you are inside, they will never be 100% clear because you are always exposed to UV. As well, after about 2 yrs they will start to get less dark when outside and more dark when inside. They lose their capability.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally like vintage. It has a bit more character. Check out the pics of some that I have.

Revos
IMG00172-20100331-1716.jpg

Christian Diors
IMG00174-20100331-1717.jpg

Carreras
IMG00160-20100329-1037.jpg

Porsche Design
IMG00161-20100329-1038.jpg

Carerras
IMG00162-20100331-1711.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Persols are timeless. i just bought the 649 last week, they're the same as u posted without the folding arms. great shades. dont wear them as glasses tho.

Burr130

Reaction score
I would of got those persol 714s if they fit my face but went with these and love em:
Persol.2869S.15447.jpg

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji

I think you look more like a dick fumbling two pairs of glasses when walking in and out. Just sayin.

ddragovi

Reaction score
only pair I own...

Dita_MidnightSpecial_Black.jpg

Dita midnight special, got a good deal from a friend. great sunglasses but would never pay retail

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Those Dita's are pretty neat, but look awfully light at the bottom. Do you find them dark enough for most days?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bvcbvbvc