1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Summer is coming! Lets talk shorts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by djblisk, Apr 18, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

Except that label has its own afghani flavor rather than being inspired by another european label. First season dual layer concept. Yes.
    fixed to address the current direction the drunken croat has been going in the dual layer from first season is impossible to get hold of (sample sale in paris had older stock and still nothing) so nothing else to say here.......

2. jet

jet Well-Known Member

It helps when you know one of the owners of the company and he sends a pair made for you straight to your house in the states [​IMG]

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Well-Known Member

What don't you get? In Jet's worldview Julius is heavily derivative and worthy of scorn, yet Damir is acceptable. Never mind that both labels target a similar aesthetic-- a stylistic category which Jet claims he is against! Never mind that Julius existed prior to Damir.

Do Damir Doma and Julius really "target a similar aesthetic"? Or is it just that sz people wear both of those brands.

4. ramp

ramp Well-Known Member

Lane what are those? I've been looking for a pair just like them

Julius SS2011

337PAM16 is the model #

5. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Well-Known Member

I like Onia shorts, though they're a bit more beachwear, I guess

6. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

What don't you get? In Jet's worldview Julius is heavily derivative and worthy of scorn, yet Damir is acceptable. Never mind that both labels target a similar aesthetic-- a stylistic category which Jet claims he is against! Never mind that Julius existed prior to Damir. The key point is that Julius lacks a distinguished euro-centric pedigree, while Damir has the proper lineage in spades (i.e. proper education + studied under influential designers). It is more than just paper. It actually causes Julius to lack the finely honed style that those with euro-centric mindsets have come to expect. Such admirers will call it "good taste" but it is really not much different than how the the French art academies narrowly defined what was acceptable art centuries ago. Jet is perhaps the biggest Hanes wearing elitist amongst us, yet somehow that makes him rather endearing.
    ah, interesting...might be why lots of SZ people don't find julius appealing as well. for the record those shorts are awful baggy, and that's not the correct item code #

7. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Well-Known Member

Jcrew 7" is where it's at.

Has anyone tried the new Saturdays shorts, I'm thinking about buying a pair.

8. engar

engar Well-Known Member

What about this RL floral shorts?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That pattern looks like a nursing home's drapes/sofa cushions.

10. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

Just so us workwear fellas don't feel left out amongst all the goth ninja...EG fatigue shorts are GREAT!

11. engar

engar Well-Known Member

That pattern looks like a nursing home's drapes/sofa cushions.

That´s what my gf said.

12. keredog

keredog Well-Known Member

More than the actual shorts, I seem to have trouble finding viable options of footwear.

A year ago I'd be fine with boat shoes or vans, but I'm at a loss nowadays. Please no suggestions for New Balance.

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

^keredog: wahts your price range? and you want casual shoes or sneakers? quoddy, yuketen for boat shoes, chukkas, moccs & common project achilles if you have money or superga/vans if your broke
    Just so us workwear fellas don't feel left out amongst all the goth ninja...EG fatigue shorts are GREAT!
    THIS +1 ... have olive fatigues contemplating w+h seersuckers and apc madras shorts but prolly wont buy since i have too many shorts already

14. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$20 at the RL Outlet.

Not gonna lie, I picked up a pair. They even have a matching shirt! woooooo

15. kixslf

kixslf Well-Known Member

Norse Projects Lindar Cargo Shorts are my favorite shorts of the season. [​IMG][​IMG] also, I am quite partial to these eccentric Creep Towelket shorts [​IMG]

16. linkinwayne

More than the actual shorts, I seem to have trouble finding viable options of footwear.

A year ago I'd be fine with boat shoes or vans, but I'm at a loss nowadays. Please no suggestions for New Balance.

In addition to those already recommended, Seavees are pretty decent.

17. madmadigan

madmadigan Well-Known Member

Just tried on the W+H Selvedge Bush Shorts last night... AWESOME [​IMG]

18. linkinwayne

Just tried on the W+H Selvedge Bush Shorts last night... AWESOME

[​IMG]

They look sleeker than the Norse pair

19. kixslf

kixslf Well-Known Member

I've found that most of the Wings shorts are long and narrow. My gingham cargo shorts from last spring were great, albeit a bit long. They look better with a couple rolls.

I prefer the higher pocket placement on cargo stuff. When they are placed lower on the thigh, reminds me too much of Military BDU's or terrible Abercrombie shorts.

20. banjabear

banjabear Well-Known Member

I've been all over the Oliver Spencer Skinny Seersucker Shorts recently

[​IMG]