• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kimistry

Reaction score

I am ready to buy this linen/cotton shirt. I am a bit concerned on the crispiness of linen and how it feels against the skin. Any feedback? I would prefer an 100% cotton shirt but the selection in my size is limited. Thank you.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/shirts/light-blue-check/H517006.html

I decided to buy one during an outlet sale to see what they were like, and came away pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be getting more for the warm summers in LA.

ACluelessGent

Reaction score
I decided to buy one during an outlet sale to see what they were like, and came away pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be getting more for the warm summers in LA.

Thank you. I just bought that shirt. It is my very first purchase from Suitsupply. I am waiting to see the linen/cotton mix and also the fit and the overall quality :)

Last edited:

sdfzs

Reaction score
IMO the SS linen is decent compared to most but obviously behaves as linen does with wrinkles etc. it's part of the charm. Their recent linen/wool mixes, some with little silk, is growing on me. Got a few and they are ending up being used more than the pure linen. Same texture, some wrinkles but not as pure linen, imo drapes a bit better and is similar in durability

Tried some linen/silk/wool mixes some seasons ago and then they were very delicate and would tare easily

BlairW

Reaction score
Just seen a beautiful overcoat for sale on eBay - its a size bigger than I wear in SS suits - has anybody got experience in their overcoats and whether I'd be ok to size up? It's a Merano fit coat in size 50...

Ballon DOr 09

Reaction score
What's even the point of a linen jacket if not for its wrinkly, loosely-woven nature?

If you have time to get your jacket pressed regularly, or even have a steam iron, keeping the wrinkles to a minimum is easy! I find letting the jacket rest for a day between wears also helps.

G'luck to you if wrinkly jacket floats your boat. You obviously have different taste and you cannot apply your preferences to others.

If you read my post the suggestion of going to wool came from the sales staff.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

pomor

Reaction score

Just seen a beautiful overcoat for sale on eBay - its a size bigger than I wear in SS suits - has anybody got experience in their overcoats and whether I'd be ok to size up? It's a Merano fit coat in size 50...

Don't do it -- buy your normal suit size when fall-winter collection premieres in August. Save up till then but at least buy new and your size. You will also have zero problems returning or exhanging.

BlairW

Reaction score
Don't do it -- buy your normal suit size when fall-winter collection premieres in August. Save up till then but at least buy new and your size. You will also have zero problems returning or exhanging.
Need something before then, and it's just so nice.....

Damn it now I am doubting it!

sansimeon

Reaction score
And my two coats (Vicenza, Bleecker) are a size up..

I would not buy second hand simply because their sizing varies too much. I tried a Vicenza coat in my suit size in store and it fit good, went home to order the exact model I wanted and it fit at least one size smaller. Returned it and ordered two new coats of the same fit in one size up - one fit well and the other was enormous.

pomor

Reaction score
Fine. I would ask the person on eBay for exact measurements.

I have, however, noticed that starting with approximately Fall 2015 line, everything I have bought (about 20 suits, jackets, and 3 overcoats) fit precisely for me. Before Fall 2015 I had stuff that did indeed seemed to have a +/- .5-1 size variance. So far, everything is good with spring 2017 purchases. Either I have been lucky or they have had more stringent quality control at their factories.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads