• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ABCXYZ

Reaction score
Okay this might be a dumb question, but why are the suits in the outlet store in Roermond 'outlet'?
Is it just old stock, or is there something wrong with the suits, damage or something else?
I'm getting my first suit very soon and Roermond is only an hours drive from where I live, so I definately think it's worth the trip if the suits they sell in the outlet are good, getting a suit for 149-200 that would normally cost me 300 would be great, I could spend the rest of the money on getting it tailored better.

New suits from previous seasons. If you are a 40/50, you can occasionally see a runway sample or two. All are first quality. It is sometimes a little hard to find a staple gray or blue, but not impossible. It is very much worth the drive. Also check out Maasmechellen Village. Quieter Suit supply outlet and sometimes different stock. Outlets exist because the retail store never mark down items, even during Jan/July sales

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Suitssupply have some nice summer jackets, but problem is that I can't make their sizing to make sense... Generally use size 38 but their jackets seems way to shorten, don't they? Just click on the link and see the measurements yourself.

Navy quilted jacket

Navy summer coat

Blue summer coat

I'm a fan of a couple of these myself. The lengths look fine to me, but what I can't figure out is why they don't list the P2P. Seems like it makes sizing a pain.

mans72

Reaction score

yes, I always add a fifth button

I ordered a Napoli suit in linen in my recommended size 48...trousers fit is perfect, jacket as well EXCEPT sleeves length.
I need about 1.5 inches more.
Just called customer service (very nice) and they recommended that I return the suit and get the Long version ie size 94.
But won't the jacket length be too long then?
Just I just let out the 1.5 inches (if there is enough fabric) and add 1 or 2 buttons more or get the size 94?

Thanks for your advice :)

Rincon

Reaction score
kind of not surprised. I am a very consistent 38 and everybody on here said that if anything one should size up in a havana. As such, I purcahsed a 38 and 40. Both were too big, so that would seem inconsistent with the general consensus on this thread. It is interesting that you mention linen. The havana I ordered was linen, while I believe most of the references on this thread were to wool. I wonder if that is wear the problem is occurring?
Possibly. I have the brown linen check pre-ordered so I'll see if I encounter any more inconsistency when it arrives and report back.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just went to the DC store today, they had about 5 to 6 of the midnight blue shawl lapel tux that has been posted in the thread a few times. was in a hurry so no clue on sizes or anything. salesman told me these are the last few pieces in the entire country.

just a heads up though, the jacket is single vented. i was on the fence about it but that was a deal breaker for me.

i bought the 1 button, peak lapel tux and took it to my tailor who guessed it was ralph lauren or BB.

itraxx

Reaction score
I always have to add a 5th button being that Im usually lengthening the sleeves about an 1.5 inches. No one really notices. You will be fine if you decide to do that IMO.

I am considering adding a 5th button but my London only came with one extra cuff button - did yours come with two?

PapaRubbery

Reaction score

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peak lapel, no patch pockets (thus ruling out the Washington Half). Soho has peak lapels but is a DB, which from that picture is highly unlikely.

Seems to be a safe bet. Just be warned that the Washington has the strongest shoulders. Not ridiculous but structured none the less.

thanks mate. yeah, i've got a washington and a washington half. i'm actually quite fond of the strong shoulders. both fit me perfectly, just had to shorten the sleeve length by 1cm and cuff up the trousers.

TheKongoEmpire

Reaction score
It is wise to buy Washington and have a tailor change the lapels from peak to notch? I don't plan on using the boutonniere.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is wise to buy Washington and have a tailor change the lapels from peak to notch? I don't plan on using the boutonniere.
I'd advice against it. It's not worth the hassle nor the cost, and the buttonhole will look weird, as the angle is off. Which washington suit/jacket do you want to change?

TheKongoEmpire

Reaction score
I'd advice against it. It's not worth the hassle nor the cost, and the buttonhole will look weird, as the angle is off. Which washington suit/jacket do you want to change?

Anyone of them. I'm not a fan of peak laps at all. I wouldn't mind trying the fits but I was looking for something slim. Do you think I should purchase another style then have a tailor make the necessary changes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads