• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alfredt

Reaction score
Suitsupply introduced new Polo cut that finally isn't skinny! At least in the photo it looks like it has a proper cut, because I have to go up two sizes in their outerwear to get a proper fit through the body.
This looks good! I've asked customer support for the fabric weight. Hope it's heavy enough for winter.

sxah

Reaction score
Interestingly, a lot of the stuff on Otrium is quite old, from 2015 or so or even older. They've been storing these for a long time.
I have ordered a bunch of items now and the manufacturing dates on the labels range from 2016 to 2022 with the majority from 2019.

The price tags are also from all over the place. Euros, GBP, USD, CAD, HK.

Seems like they have collected all the leftovers from all around the world and dumped them into Otrium.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting a MTM pair of VBC dark grey traveller wool trousers from SuSu. I had to return a Berg and Berg pair which didn’t fit and I bought them for 190 plus I would’ve had to at minimum hem and cuff them for another like $30. Anglo Italian has a shorter rise and is like 270ish. Cavour is more. Natalino is good, but sold out. Plus the cost of expensive returns if they don’t fit.

Suit Supply charges $250 for them with alterations and can be returned if they don’t work out. Plus I can raise the front and back rise among other changes (I think I want a single reverse pleat with belt loops). It seems worth it IMO. Spier off the rack ones are like 160 or 170, but sell out in 3 seconds anyways and with SuSu I can choose more details. Anyone had any issues with MTO trousers recently? They seem to be a good option if they have a fabric you like.

Last edited:

St1X

Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting a MTM pair of VBC dark grey traveller wool trousers from SuSu. I had to return a Berg and Berg pair which didn’t fit and I bought them for 190 plus I would’ve had to at minimum hem and cuff them for another like $30. Anglo Italian has a shorter rise and is like 270ish. Cavour is more. Natalino is good, but sold out. Plus the cost of expensive returns if they don’t fit.

Suit Supply charges $250 for them with alterations and can be returned if they don’t work out. Plus I can raise the front and back rise among other changes (I think I want a single reverse pleat with belt loops). It seems worth it IMO. Spier off the rack ones are like 160 or 170, but sell out in 3 seconds anyways and with SuSu I can choose more details. Anyone had any issues with MTO trousers recently? They seem to be a good option if they have a fabric you like.
If you live close to the store, you can get almost any fabric from most reputable mills - they have dozens of fabric catalogs that aren't available online. They call them a non house fabric and lead time with them will be +1 week

User888

Reaction score
Havana patch pockets instead of flap are too informal for a business setting at a big company right?

I saw such a fantastic suit but it has those patch pockets :(

Anyone knows if its possible to turn them into flap or jetted pockets?
The only people that will notice are those into suits... No normie will see patch pockets and say "on your way to the beach?" If the rest of the suit is formal ofc. But yeah the rule is they are at the lower scale. I have a lot suits that are formal with patch pockets. The only warning is if the fabric is too light, the stitching around the pocket will really jump and that will make it much more informal. It all boils down the the context of your country/work environment

tilesomoole

Reaction score
No normie will see patch pockets and say "on your way to the beach?" If the rest of the suit is formal ofc.

Ha! anytime I throw on a sportcoat, I get someone saying "nice suit" or similar even if I'm wearing jeans with it.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please see my B&S listing for this amazing Hudson model sportscoat:

alfredt

Reaction score
This looks good! I've asked customer support for the fabric weight. Hope it's heavy enough for winter.
I still haven't heard back on what the fabric weight is for the longer polo coat, customer support didn't know but would ask the supplier. I've decided to just order the coat to see what it's like, should arrive tomorrow.

St1X

Reaction score
I still haven't heard back on what the fabric weight is for the longer polo coat, customer support didn't know but would ask the supplier. I've decided to just order the coat to see what it's like, should arrive tomorrow.
Any update?

eguk

Reaction score
Question for those with experience ordering custom trousers from SS..

Does anyone know how the "Flat Seat" adjustment works, and whether it simply has the same effect as shortening the back rise?

The description seems to suggest it has the effect of reducing bunching at the back of the thigh, below the seat. In my mind, this should also be achievable by shortening the back rise, so just curious if anyone knows the difference?

1694867228674.png

alfredt

Reaction score
Any update?
Fabric is nice. Not very heavy but heavier than most of the winter coat fabrics I've seen from them. The colour is good too, sort of a darker camel colour.

I'm not 100% sure of the fit yet, it's good in the shoulders but somewhat large in the body. I'll try to take some photos and post them here but I've been just been in shorts the past couple of days doing some renovation work in the house.

Cidermonk

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the white sneakers from Suit Supply? They look nice but the complete absence of reviews on the website is not very reassuring.

caschta

Reaction score
I have the newest pair. I think it is comparable to other "white-sneaker-brands". Although not very comfortable, maybe because I am inbetween two sizes, and they don't offer half sizes. The look is superb, imho.

pomor

Reaction score
Not feeling the new collection. Maybe if Jort is released again later this year, it will add some spice to it like it did in the past

St1X

Reaction score
My sales rep told me a year ago that he saw new collection in HQ and even showed me a video, he said there was Jort coming this spring, but it was never released.
So there might be no Jort later this year either ☹️

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member