• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevaeh

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 8.52.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 8.52.23 PM.png
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 186

Ads

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you! Configuring a "custom made from scratch" order as we speak!

Don’t you want to go in store to have alterations being processed prior to receiving your suit?

Or you are one of the lucky gentlemen that RTW fits you well without big adjustments needed.

MontyLo

Reaction score
I recently threw down for a few MTM shirts and was overall pleased with the experience. There are plenty of good Albini/Thomas Mason swatches in their books, the degree of customization available in store is fair, and the silhouette of the shirt was flattering enough that the end result with my tweaks will be satisfactory. Not bad for the price point. I was surprised to find that their default is built in collar stays...

I’m expecting the shirts in a few days and hope they’ll serve well. At the relative price point for The cloth I selected these are an attractive option Especially when compared to say BB. That said shirts are fairly ephemeral and high use items in my closet and I don’t necessarily need these to last forever.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Don’t you want to go in store to have alterations being processed prior to receiving your suit?

Or you are one of the lucky gentlemen that RTW fits you well without big adjustments needed.

Excellent question! I am definitely not someone for whom an RTW fits well. I’m mostly using the online tool as a wish list, of sorts, to save the configuration I want for when I go into the store. I’m planning to head to the store next weekend, so will walk through all the details I have copied-and-pasted from the website configuration for an in-store order.

caschta

Reaction score
Excellent question! I am definitely not someone for whom an RTW fits well. I’m mostly using the online tool as a wish list, of sorts, to save the configuration I want for when I go into the store. I’m planning to head to the store next weekend, so will walk through all the details I have copied-and-pasted from the website configuration for an in-store order.
I hope you are aware that you can do just that with the configurator. It will generate a QR code, sent via E-Mail, that you can present in-store then.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I hope you are aware that you can do just that with the configurator. It will generate a QR code, sent via E-Mail, that you can present in-store then.
No! This is news to me; I have been copying and pasting everything in a Word document. This is a great feature that makes it much easier! Thank you.

Konnor

Reaction score
Any more underground news regarding a potential outlet? I've noticed some other things disappear off of the website. I'm trying to decide whether or not to make an ebay purchase or try my luck on the outlet.

pomor

Reaction score
Very diplomatic of them.

I mean, I am 99% positive it’s coming — just a question of whether it’s next week or at the beginning of January. I would honestly wait for the outlet unless eBay has a sure-fire hit for you.

dapper3

Reaction score
I stopped by Suitsupply yesterday and spoke with the manager. They confirmed that they sent out a lot of their inventory................to Europe. The manager alluded that there will be an Outlet in Europe either for Black Friday or early December. What was also said was if there isn't an outlet they might reduce some of the prices in the US. Just have to cross my fingers and hope that there is an Outlet in the U.S.

pomor

Reaction score
I stopped by Suitsupply yesterday and spoke with the manager. They confirmed that they sent out a lot of their inventory................to Europe. The manager alluded that there will be an Outlet in Europe either for Black Friday or early December. What was also said was if there isn't an outlet they might reduce some of the prices in the US. Just have to cross my fingers and hope that there is an Outlet in the U.S.

!!!

pomor

Reaction score

Also, I don’t remember EVER that there was an outlet for Europe but not for US, the other way around has happened more than once, if memory serves. Someone told me once that US has become their biggest money-maker ahead of Europe with a higher per-customer average spend also. The implication was that Europeans tended to spend less per visit / per order.

dapper3

Reaction score
Also, I don’t remember EVER that there was an outlet for Europe but not for US, the other way around has happened more than once, if memory serves. Someone told me once that US has become their biggest money-maker ahead of Europe with a higher per-customer average spend also. The implication was that Europeans tended to spend less per visit / per order.

Got it! I'm just interested in what will be available. Apparently the Spring/Summer line didn't move. I anticipate that there will be plenty of warm weather fabrics.

The manager also communicated that they were sending stuff to the Europe anticipating the shutdown. Also, apparently, SS has done well in the U.S. so thats why the manager was on the fence regarding the U.S. outlet. Only time will tell.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhnguyen38