• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about this one for autumn/winter, though I'll swap to matching rather than contrasting buttons:

I'm trying to get a feel for potential combos. I think it could be a fairly versatile businessy suit, but I'm curious as to what combos you guys might come up with for it!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about this one for autumn/winter, though I'll swap to matching rather than contrasting buttons:

I'm trying to get a feel for potential combos. I think it could be a fairly versatile businessy suit, but I'm curious as to what combos you guys might come up with for it!

I think if you pair it with this, it will go great.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
^^And here I was thinking my fedora would be the perfect accessory.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you would look like a gangster on that suit, lol. Fedoras and tommy guns aside, you would need a much baggier cut for that to happen
tongue.gif

bartleby929

Reaction score

So, I'm thinking about this one for autumn/winter, though I'll swap to matching rather than contrasting buttons: I'm trying to get a feel for potential combos. I think it could be a fairly versatile businessy suit, but I'm curious as to what combos you guys might come up with for it!
I'm not feeling this at all

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, lol, well assuming I don't care about the alleged gangster vibe (dark grey chalk/rope/pinstripes are still plentiful enough here that I shan't worry about that), what combos would you wear with it then?
biggrin.gif

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you would look like a gangster on that suit, lol. Fedoras and tommy guns aside, you would need a much baggier cut for that to happen
tongue.gif
I believe you've forgotten that HF sizes up.

OK, lol, well assuming I don't care about the alleged gangster vibe (dark grey chalk/rope/pinstripes are still plentiful enough here that I shan't worry about that), what combos would you wear with it then?
biggrin.gif
If you can get away with it, not sure what combos work with this other than a white shirt and various ties. I'm not saying it would not look good, I'm just saying the style may need to be retired. But, I'm pretty conservative with my dresscode.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That suit looks great HF. Wear it with a white/light blue shirt an a nice navy or grey tie perhaps? A dark brown tie might work too.

Btw, did they post a new lazio DB vest suit?! I didn't see it before. The brown color/pattern looks great, and it's available in 4 days. Might just get it. Now I'm doubting between this and the brown linen soho.

bbhues

Reaction score
I definitely could not pull that suit off. But, I was thinking that a very light (off-white) pink shirt would look good after you swap buttons, with the caveat that my color pairing skills leave much to be desired.

Jeffijers

Reaction score
Visited the NYC store today..

Ended up spending 630 on a Napoli due to alterations. I hope it comes out good as my total cost for this trip was around 1k with lost work time ETC.

Will post up some picture when it arrives at my door.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really? I didn't know this.

Because it's not true.

seriously though, my bad i must've been thinking about something else :\

OK, lol, well assuming I don't care about the alleged gangster vibe (dark grey chalk/rope/pinstripes are still plentiful enough here that I shan't worry about that), what combos would you wear with it then? :D

I don't think it's a very versatile suit in terms of dress shirt options. solid white and blue?

Last edited:

UrsusREX

Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this or this as a knockabout jacket for the fall, has anyone seen them in-store? If so can you speak to the accuracy of the photos? The current inhabitants of my fledgling closet are a decent navy wool sportcoat and a well fitting brown herringbone sportcoat; I'm looking for something a bit more casual than the navy sportcoat I currently own.

dufferin1

Reaction score
It sucks you can only get different pants with two Napoli suits.. for that reason alone I most likely won't be purchasing a suit from Suitsupply again and will probably have to look at Kent Wang...

I hate having "goalie thighs".

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was told in dc by a salesperson that they will do seperates only on the napoli in charcoal and navy pinstripe.

i asked him why not solids and he said he didnt know but that was the policy. this was earlier this summer not sure if its different now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics