• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suitsupply Lazio Jacket fit and length

Domman

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

my Suitsupply suit just arrived, however there seems to be 2 issues. I am not sure about the suit length (maybe I am used to shorter jackets). What do you think?

The other thing is, around the hips I am getting this weird bell shape in which the jacket does not really stick to the pants, but creates a gap. It is visible even when unbottoned. Is this fit or ironing issue? Do you think it is fixable? Would a shorter jacket help?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_20231222_152655~(1).jpg
    IMG_20231222_152655~(1).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20231222_152807~(1).jpg
    IMG_20231222_152807~(1).jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 118

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. The length is good. It looks like it should cover your rear, which is what you want.
2. You’re shooting from a very low angle—nobody will be looking at you from the level of your crotch. Plus the camera is tilted slightly upwards, which exaggerates the lower body. Take a picture from chest height without tilting the camera.

Domman

Reaction score
1. The length is good. It looks like it should cover your rear, which is what you want.
2. You’re shooting from a very low angle—nobody will be looking at you from the level of your crotch. Plus the camera is tilted slightly upwards, which exaggerates the lower body. Take a picture from chest height without tilting the camera.
Hey, thanks for the input. Fixed the photos.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's helpful -- I think the slight flaring of the hips is OK to me. It's a matter of styling. You could probably have it altered to fit more closely but I personally wouldn't.

A different issue -- the chest looks a little tight to me (see how the lapels are bowing over your chest). It's within the realm of acceptable to me but I'd wonder how a size up would look on you.

Domman

Reaction score
that's helpful -- I think the slight flaring of the hips is OK to me. It's a matter of styling. You could probably have it altered to fit more closely but I personally wouldn't.

A different issue -- the chest looks a little tight to me (see how the lapels are bowing over your chest). It's within the realm of acceptable to me but I'd wonder how a size up would look on you.
Hey, thanks for the advice. I will probably try to have the sides take in a bit. The chest issue, I know about it. One side of my chest is bowing the lapels, the other is not. I have tried different sizing (Sienna 50) and it was too big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads