• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum GMTO (Group Made to Order) Thread (shoes, clothes, and everything else)

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a thread to post your latest Group Made to Order items. There's been an expressed desire by some members to have a MASTER GMTO thread where members can find the latest GMTO items in one central location. The main feeling was that some people where missing out on some of the great GMTO's that other members had started. I thought it might also be a good place once most of the details have been ironed out in other threads to possibly get those final people to make a GMTO work.

Some people thought that it also might be a good idea if someone where to copy the latest GMTOs at the end of the week to the first post. However it's my understanding after awhile posts are locked down and this would not be possible. To be honest I'm not looking to become a moderator of a thread at this point anyway, but it was my intent to give this a go.

Without further ado here's an attempt to make a Styleforum GMTO thread work. Go for it, and let's see if we can't get this thing going. So once you have a GMTO taking off, post it here and I'm sure you'll get even greater participation.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by burlyarab

Ok... Still trying to drum up The Cordovan Cheviots, so far, these guys have expressed interest:

@EricW
@tobiasfunke19
@iGotid
@Hoit1981
@wes-bourne
@mobbes

That's 7 including me, just need 5 more! A few people from Reddit seemed up for it too.

We also need to nail down the makeup - I'm happy with either whiskey or dark brown cordovan, and leather or Dainite?

Here's an example of whiskey shell Cheviots from a Japanese website: http://www.frame.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=25636

The same shop has them in dark brown, but this looks more like Colour 8 to me? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/frameshop/item/5271606101/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en
*Here's but one example of what I'm talking about. I hope @burlyarab doesn't mind. They have an idea but they still need some more participation to get this off the ground.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33

Fellow G&G enthusiasts, I wanted to check and see if we might be able to get a G&G Thorpe Group MTO off the ground. I was inspired by the past two days of pouring rain here in NYC, the amazing recent Thorpe makeups posted upthread, and my own lack of a classy pair of boots that can handle this inclement weather.

I have discussed placing the order through Skoaktibolaget and if we can get 5 participants, we avoid the MTO fees and can take advantage of their very attractive pricing. This boot would be killer and at an awesome price. Definitely post your interest and PM me if you have any questions.

So here are the specs that I was thinking of (and I am obviously willing to hear other thoughts/recommendations to get it off the ground):

Burgundy Highland Grain
Exposed antiqued brass eyelets
Double Dainite with storm welt
MH71
Lining color?

Just to whet your appetites, here is the current version of the Thorpe in a country grain that Skoak stocks (which is unavailable in my size):

And here is a swatch of the burgundy highland grain:

Just a friendly reminder, in order to avoid the MTO fee, the first five pairs would have to all have the same width.

Friends, just a quick Monday evening update - I have gotten a couple of requests for brown highland grain instead and if that is what it takes to get this off the ground, I would be happy to go with brown highland grain as well. My preference is still burgundy, but hoping we can get five for either burgundy or brown before the end of the week. Fingers crossed.

Interested in burgundy highland grain in the standard E width:

Myself (chrk33) (confirmed)
@ikaika122 (confirmed)
@Nullson (confirmed)
@rydenfan (diligence)
@KenRose (diligence)
@sacafotos (diligence)

Interest in Brown highland grain in the standard E width:

Myself (chrk33) (confirmed)
@ikaika122 (confirmed)
@IGotId (diligence)
@rydenfan (diligence)
@tifosi (diligence)

If we can just flip only two of those members who are in the diligence stage for the burgundy highland grain, we will be ready to roll. If you are interested in joining the Thorpedo, then we can get the ball rolling with Skoak ASAP. Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

*Here's yet another example. I hope @CHRK33 doesn't mind. But another great idea for a GMTO and they just need a couple more participants to make it happen.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope it's ok for affiliates to post ongoing GMTOs in this thread. If not, just lmk and I am happy to remove. I'm collecting orders for two GMTOs of Formosa sport coats through No Man Walks Alone:

Moonbeam:

Hemp/Wool Mix:

We need a few more orders on each to make them happen. I am in on both. PM me if you're interested in joining.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
YES! YOU ARE THE MAN!!

My new favorite thread. Thank you so much for organizing...

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YES! YOU ARE THE MAN!!

My new favorite thread. Thank you so much for organizing...

I hope it works, but it's going to be more of the collective here that determines whether it's successful or not.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, is this a thread for people trying to campaigne for GMTOs not yet off of the ground? Or for posting GMTOs that are already a go?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, is this a thread for people trying to campaigne for GMTOs not yet off of the ground? Or for posting GMTOs that are already a go?

I see this thread as being a work in progress. Whatever works, works for me and I certainly don't plan on trying to dictate what takes place here. However I personally think this thread could be a good central location to bring GMTOs to once most of the details are worked out, and also a place where you could post them when you need some additional people to make it a reality. However even if you have enough it would be a great location to post GMTOs so other members could have the chance to opt into them as well.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying to organize the GMTO for Gaziano and Girling Woburn model on GG 06 last. All other details to be determined. Here is the picture of the model and if you are interested in model. Please let me know what other details are you interested, leather, soles etc etc

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I am trying to organize the GMTO for Gaziano and Girling Woburn model on GG 06 last. All other details to be determined. Here is the picture of the model and if you are interested in model. Please let me know what other details are you interested, leather, soles etc etc

Ohhhh...Yummy!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I forgot to say, I already counted you for this GMTO so we only need three more.
LOL. I don't know the first thing about G&G yet. Especially their lasts and sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads