• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Story Et Fall Thread***

RetroFuture

Reaction score
This thread gonna be lit when cropped jodphurs are delivered. Can't wait. I hope he really pulls through on these.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm aware that minimalist sneakers are in the works, but didn't know about the derbies - interesting though. 

I've been chatting to Lian about the derbies for a while now and yes, unfortunately he's delayed the production until sometime next year. IMO if he can keep a similar shape to the chelsea in a minimal looking derby they will be a super versatile option.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If there's a design elsewhere you like, you should really just buy it. Opting for "look just like XYZ at a lower price point" usually doesn't end well.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

If there's a design elsewhere you like, you should really just buy it. Opting for "look just like XYZ at a lower price point" usually doesn't end well.
i disagree...I had the cp Chelsea's then when I bought these I actually preffered the story et falls and sold my common projects. Also sold 2 pairs of slp jodhpurs be I figured if I could sell the slp ones in tan and black and buy these in tan, black, walnut, and grey jods plus tobacco sidezips I'm making out better with the story et falls. Slp quality isn't anything to write home about and when I can see no real difference in quality between these and my slp jodhpurs I'm losing out keeping the slp.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congratuations you are the 5% of people that it's ever worked out for on this forum. This is not unique to SeF. It's just the most obvious example right now.

Last edited:

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Congratuations you are the 5% of people that it's ever worked out for on this forum. This is not unique to SeF. It's just the most obvious example right now.
o no I didn't mean to rustle ur jimmies. I actually totally agree with ur statement with the exception of SEF. 99% of the time the cheaper alternative does not satisfy ur needs but SEF is the exception.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone had success in ordering the Suede Chelseas to Canada? What was total time from purchase to delivery?

Last edited:

griffinsadbro

Reaction score
I ordered a pair on July 20th they went into production on July 22nd. They were shipped out on Aug 19 and arrived at my house on 25th. I did have some minor delays from UPS and customs, paid $112 in duties when they arrived.

sosuke

Reaction score

I ordered a pair on July 20th they went into production on [COLOR=222222]July 22nd. They were shipped out on Aug 19 and arrived at my house on 25th. I did have some minor delays from UPS and customs, paid $112 in duties when they arrived.[/COLOR]

My God! US or Canada? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Eddiee

Reaction score
If anyone wants to get rid of their tan chelseas/jodhpurs that fit 41.5-42 hit me up

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the current wait time huge or something? There's a ton of people looking to buy SeF on the secondary market because they don't want to wait (my g railed listing got like 40 questions in a matter of hours, I sold them that day and have been getting 1-2 messages a day for the last week even though the listing ended). It was like a 6 week wait when I ordered.

epryor

Reaction score
Seems since they are made in batches, the wait is sometimes greater for some than others. Lian emailed me today saying they should be shipped out in 4 weeks. I placed my order on the 31st.

malti001

Reaction score
Is the current wait time huge or something? There's a ton of people looking to buy SeF on the secondary market because they don't want to wait (my g railed listing got like 40 questions in a matter of hours, I sold them that day and have been getting 1-2 messages a day for the last week even though the listing ended). It was like a 6 week wait when I ordered.
Ordered on August 5th, and the production for that batch started on August 14th. Last I've heard from Lian is that they're shipping on September 14th.

By any chance, did you sell for what you paid or did you get a little more since some people don't want to wait?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads