• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

starting a new style

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
tell your mom to buy you a pair of somet 008s.

they wicked.

lol

ComboOrgan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
It is very important that you post naked pictures of yourself so that we can get an idea of the canvas so to speak. You're 18 right? 16? close enough
Jokes about pedophilia aren't a good idea. Making those jokes with a minor? Even worse. Absolutely tasteless, guy.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
whats the point of posting this , really. when I was 16 i had a grasp of standard forum operating procedure. **** man. lern2forum
When I was 16 there was no internets!

Advice for the kid.
1. WAYWT thread. Watch, digest and then figure out what works for you.
2. You are in "dire" need of a decent haircut.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
To the OP, what is wrong with what you are wearing in that pic? Looks great for kids your age. Dont even venture out to the hiphop wear if you dont have the attitude to wear it. Plus, all the highschool kids I see here in NYC all wear these crazy neon green, yellow and pink clothing that wouldnt look good on anyone. Dont know why you need to compete with that.

Cant give any advice on what you should wear, everyone is different, especially kids. But I can tell you to study hard, and earn enough money so you can, in the future, afford to purchase all the expensive clothing that's been posted on this board.

knownastron

Reaction score
You dress similar to me. I'm 16 also. However I'm a little more styleforum looking than you. (less branding, not as flashy etc.)

I find it great to wear a wind variety of styles, hip-hop, prep, and such. It gives you a very unique style. Cause if you stick to one style, lets say prep. You end up getting thrown into a group of the rest of the preps. If you combined all those styles, your possibilities are endless.

However I warn that you don't do completely different styles on different days. The key is to find a balance between the different styles in one outfit. Also, FIT IS KEY. If you wanna do Hip-hop, you can, just make sure it fits. That way it goes along with everything else your wearing.

You don't wanna wear a slim jeans one day to wearing a XXL tall white tee the next day. Or go from a popped collared AE shirt to baggy jeans. Also, nothing looks worse dressing skater/prep/bboy one day to going gangster/hip-hop the next. You just look like a huge wannabe gangster.

That's why I find styleforum such a great place to start. You can go anywhere with your basic AA tees, APC denim and Chucks/Vans.

Just my words of advice! Maybe I'll post a pick of one of my outfits sometime...

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Cant give any advice on what you should wear, everyone is different, especially kids. But I can tell you to study hard, and earn enough money so you can, in the future, afford to purchase all the expensive clothing that's been posted on this board.

Gee thanks, Dad.

He's asian. I'm sure he gets enough of this **** at home.

brohymn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knownastron

You don't wanna wear a slim jeans one day to wearing a XXL tall white tee the next day. Or go from a popped collared AE shirt to baggy jeans. Also, nothing looks worse dressing skater/prep/bboy one day to going gangster/hip-hop the next. You just look like a huge wannabe gangster.

On the contrary, anyone who did that in high school would be ******* awesome. Especially if they assumed the persona of whatever they were dressing as that day.

clarity

Reaction score
Look at both waywt threads, start to finish. It may take you a while but just do it. Save pictures that have anything in them that interests you. Build off a basic set of clothes (raw jeans, some chinos and blank colored Ts) they will be the foundation for your outfits and are basic enough to wear by themselves too. But don't buy much beyond that yet, if you jump the gun and buy things before you figure out what you really want it's a wasted effort.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads