• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starting A New Boot Brand And Looking For Advice

l_tap

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently joined the forum to learn, contribute, and share all things men's fashion and I was curious to hear the stories, trials, tribulations, and advice from members who have started their own brands.

A bit about me and my project.

I am a real estate broker by trade, but I have always loved boots. I have vivid memories of my grandfather, an elegant man, whom I would describe as a bohemian, a bon vivant who was always impeccably dressed, groomed, and with a pair of polished "Botines" (chelsea boots with leather inlay, popular in latin america). That image of him was the seed that gave birth to my crazy dream of starting a boot brand. So after years of wanting to launch my own company, I finally took the plunge and in January of this year I moved to Mexico to get this project of the ground. In the processes I met my partner, a Cuban bombshell, who left her island looking to follow her own boot making dream and together we have been working hard to make it a reality. We plan to launch in November 2020, but this date is speculative because of everything thats currently happening. We plan to launch with 4 models for men and 4 for woman, including a limited run of travel duffels (terrible time to produce travel duffels but our minimums are very low). It's a tough time to start a new business, but life must go on and dreams need to be fulfilled,which brings me back to this thread and my desire to learn from all of you.

Some questions;

What propelled you to start your own company? what were you doing before? what types of products did you create and why? what worked and what didn't along the way? what were, or are, some of the pitfalls aspiring entrepreneurs in mens fashion should look out for? what should one focus on in the beginning? what should one avoid? what were your social media strategies? What is your current perception of the market and its future?

Any and all recommendations, advice, questions, comments, are welcome.

Cheers!

Luis

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, I have nothing to contribute in terms of your specific questions, since I am not a business owner, but looking forward to updates on your business, best of luck.

l_tap

Reaction score
So, I have nothing to contribute in terms of your specific questions, since I am not a business owner, but looking forward to updates on your business, best of luck.

LOL, no problem at all, i'll be posting what I learn along the way and take everyone along for the ride.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads