• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe, we'll see! GMTO suggestions?

The same thing, but in larger quantities!
biggrin.gif

For real though, there's not really anything I'd change. I'd be sort of curious to see what it looked like on the rounder 333 last, but I like it so much as is I wouldn't really want to change much of anything. I personally prefer the all-grain look to any two-material "galway"-esque makeup, but I know others feel differently.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL
LL
LL
Thank you Skoaktiebolag for Wonderful service
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Fantastic Gables. I have not seen them in DOAK before. Very nice.
Thank my man by the way you were not kidding about Hatchgrain gg. Good stuff & thx you for your feed back !!

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know we don't have 4 (I think only 3 have expressed interest), but is there any chance of the EB longwing in Tarnsjo Oak? I'm considering the Chukka, but I'm not sure I want to do both right now.

Alright friends, one last effort to pull this together before I commit to the chukkas. The following makeup would be my dream shoe.

This shoe:

In this leather (Oak Tarnsjo):

On either a Dainite (my preference) or a Vibram topy (still good) sole.

I'd defer to @Leaves or other Bonafe connoisseurs on the last, edging, et al.

Who's in? So far I know @SteveL91 and myself. Anybody else?

mdubya

Reaction score

Do they have a darker grain leather option? I was thinking a darker grain and then dark brown or espresso suede shaft, on Dainite or a sleek commando of sorts, flat welt. I think it would be a killer winter boot and highly versatile compared to the 64 last EG version. I could use a boot that can do double duty in the winter casually with denim or with some trousers.
So much this... Exactly what I am looking for. Oak grain lower, dark brown suede upper, victory sole just like the Galway for better aesthetics than commando but good winter traction, with a winter/closed welt. Would be in for this if we get enough for a gmto.

SteveL91

Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm that I'm still in for the EB longwing in Oak Tarnsjo and a Dainite sole is fine with me. I think it'll be a very impressive makeup.

363MOD works for me.

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much this... Exactly what I am looking for. Oak grain lower, dark brown suede upper, victory sole just like the Galway for better aesthetics than commando but good winter traction, with a winter/closed welt. Would be in for this if we get enough for a gmto.

I think I have a friend interested too.

@Burzan
@Burzan Friend
@patliean1
@kali77
@mdubya

Looks like we are getting closer sitting at 5 interested.

@Leaves , can CS source the Dainite Ridgeway soles?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Burzan
@Burzan Friend
@patliean1
@kali77
@mdubya

@Leaves , can CS source the Dainite Ridgeway soles?

In for Oak Grain or Havanna Grain uppers, and Coffee Suede or Mink Suede Shaft. Closed welt.

Dainite (1st preference) or Ridgeway. No commando.

EDIT: Would be nice to close on this GMTO end of October to have a fighting chance for early February arrival.

Last edited:

mdubya

Reaction score

In for Oak Grain or Havanna Grain uppers, and Coffee Suede or Mink Suede Shaft. Closed welt.

Dainite (1st preference) or Ridgeway. No commando.

EDIT: Would be nice to close on this GMTO end of October to have a fighting chance for early February arrival.

I'm a fan of Dainite but for a Canadian winter boot, which is what this will be for me, it wouldn't really work.

Fingers crossed CS could source ridgeway soles.

kali77

Reaction score
I'd prefer regular danite soles but could probably deal with the ridgeway if that's the consensus.

sdfzs

Reaction score

@Burzan

@Burzan
 Friend
@patliean1

@kali77

@mdubya

@Leaves
, can CS source the Dainite Ridgeway soles?

I'm in!

Danite would be my first hand choice but ridgeway is okay

wsop05

Reaction score

@Burzan

@Burzan
 Friend
@patliean1

@kali77

@mdubya

@Leaves
, can CS source the Dainite Ridgeway soles?

Definitely interested in the makeup as well!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thisandablunt