• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Your hobby seems self-evident. Unless you call this an obsession or something else.

Thanks for the comparison on the lasts. Is there more space between the apron and the front of the shoe for the 202 last? I like the proportion on the 606 better, but I can't tell if that's just the angle of the picture.
No problem. I don't have the shapes committed to memory so let me take a look when I get home. The angles of the pics make it tough to get an accurate image of the shape, I agree.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dover is a great shoe, I'm looking forward to ordering one for myself. One pair of those in dark oak and a pair in the mahogany can have your sportcoat game covered on all angles.

Nice. I'm thinking of burgundy antique on 606 and Rosewood CC on 202.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
My posts must then be of the very highest quality.
shog[1].gif
(considering I seem to have started on SF before either of you guys and look where I am in my posts.) I guess it's because I am not (D)over-addicted.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Bummer. But thanks for letting me know. I believe I have two MTO's which are finished and was hoping to see them sooner

Sorry about that, it's because EG (and most European factories) closes up today and are shut down for two weeks.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bummer. But thanks for letting me know. I believe I have two MTO's which are finished and was hoping to see them sooner

Which ones are they, the Derwent and the Galway Doak and Walnut CC?

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which ones are they, the Derwent and the Galway Doak and Walnut CC?

nope...Galway Doak and Walnut CC was rejected and is delayed another few months...

This should be brandy willow ullswater and the edwardian and almond CC galway on 202.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nope...Galway Doak and Walnut CC was rejected and is delayed another few months...

This should be brandy willow ullswater and the edwardian and almond CC galway on 202. 

This is going to be one awesome makeup, I would have gone with Derwen but Ullswater is cool too.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the galway and Shannon have high rejection rates? I got a rejection for the shannons myself. Seems like it should be an easy item to find as seconds.

ElliottN

Reaction score
Do the galway and Shannon have high rejection rates? I got a rejection for the shannons myself. Seems like it should be an easy item to find as seconds.
saw a pair of the shannon viii as seconds in the factory shop last week. the bar stitch (at the place where the lacing starts and the vamp connects) had broken right through the leather on both boots. Other than that, i must say it's an absolutely stunning boot, especially the galway-esque moustache and the sleekness of the 82 last, congrats for getting in on this one!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads