• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how about it gents, EG Shelton GMTO on the 890 last?

That Banbury chukka still looking good too, maybe on the 888 last, in mink suede?

My wide width will relegate me to the 6th order position... ::embar:

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So how about it gents, EG Shelton GMTO on the 890 last?

That Banbury chukka still looking good too, maybe on the 888 last, in mink suede?

My wide width will relegate me to the 6th order position... ::embar:

Wide feet, you say? In the sleeker lasts like the 888 and 82 I'm an F-widtn myself, so why don't you consider one of the suede brogues I proposed? :D

A banbury chukka would also be very nice, but I just have two suede chukkas already (both C&J, though) in brown...

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wide feet, you say? In the sleeker lasts like the 888 and 82 I'm an F-widtn myself, so why don't you consider one of the suede brogues I proposed? :D

A banbury chukka would also be very nice, but I just have two suede chukkas already (both C&J, though) in brown...

I can't do another closed lace shoe right now, that and i'm a G width... :(

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't do another closed lace shoe right now, that and i'm a G width...
frown.gif
Lol. We've never met and yet my day is not complete without JubeiSpiegel cursing himself and the shoe gods over his wide feet at least twice/day.

member2000r

Reaction score
Which cream & wax do you usually use on the Enzo Bonafé Wholecut in Etrusco Calf?

Mahogany cream & burgundy/red wax?

denbo

Reaction score
Did the color of the Carmina Jumper Boot change? Wasn't it burgundy before?

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Did the color of the Carmina Jumper Boot change? Wasn't it burgundy before?

The old color was a chestnut color, the new hue is less reddish, more mid-brown in color. These are hand-finished and the consistency is not always in line with what everyone would expect. We'll be sure to inform clients placing orders if their order is in the "old" or "new" hue.

member2000r

Reaction score
+ 1, I'm a wide fit.
But i have two pairs of Cherry (one of them Oakham), can we change main color?
Sole : wensum or bark oak?
I will not reject pearl grey or vintage rioja... but 1st choice is still vintage cherry.

Either SINGLE Oak bark or wensum sole is good for me

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any chance you would start carrying Carmina shoes on the alcudia last?
I'm afraid that we do not have any current plans for the Alcudia last, though nothing is set in stone.
Which cream & wax do you usually use on the Enzo Bonafé Wholecut in Etrusco Calf?

Mahogany cream & burgundy/red wax?
Small, even amounts of burgundy cream to maintain the reddish tones and depth, mahogany polish to maintain the antiquing. A few layers of black polish on the toe and heel will also help to add more depth to the antiquing.

Last edited:

neutrino

Reaction score
Is there going to be a restock of Carmina Tanned Double Monk anytime soon?
confused.gif

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We had some questions about Bonafé a while back, when the factory was closed. We have heard back from them in regards of a a couple of these questions:

Q: Does Bonafé have a Longwing model?
A: Yes they do, it is called model 2209. Unfortunately they have no pictures of this model, but it is a very traditional style Longwing.

Q: Does Bonafé have a model that looks like this:

A: No.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads