• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anton Nordfeldt

Reaction score
I would absolutely love a MTO bal boot on the rain last. Perhaps a suede and calf combo.
+1

Now we are three. Or did I miss anyone?

I suggest the following setup:
*Rain last
*Dark/mid brown calf with dark/mid brown suede shaft
*Semi brouge line on toe cap
*Single dainite / singe leather sole with steel toe taps
*Lined with tan calf

Inspiration:

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly I was informed any bal boots made on the Rain last was simply a limited run. Then again I could be wrong and maybe with enough interest this could be changed.

Anton Nordfeldt

Reaction score
So we are four then. Or even five with you gyasih?

Anyone at SkoAB who can give us some info on the pricing and chances to use the rain last?

Does anyone interested have any strong opinions on speed hooks on bals? It sure is convenient, but would it also be an anachronism to have to have something like that on such a formal boot?

And what about soles? Im leaning against single dainite at the moment. A boot like this would be great for me during the Swedish winters when Im at the university where I cant change for indoors/outdoors.

Antiquing Would be nice but it is'nt that important for me, it can always be added later.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Anyone at SkoAB who can give us some info on the pricing and chances to use the rain last?

Does anyone interested have any strong opinions on speed hooks on bals? It sure is convenient, but would it also be an anachronism to have to have something like that on such a formal boot?

And what about soles? Im leaning against single dainite at the moment. A boot like this would be great for me during the Swedish winters when Im at the university where I cant change for indoors/outdoors.

Antiquing Would be nice but it is'nt that important for me, it can always be added later.

Won't be able to get any type of confirmation for a few weeks, the Carmina factory is closed for summer.

toblov

Reaction score

I would be in for dainite.

diglett

Reaction score
Where do we stand on the balligator MTO? How many of you guys are in on this? I think it's bad as hell and I'm itching to lock it down, but according to Skoab we don't yet have the 6 member minimum.

Roger la Rock

Reaction score

I could be interested, depending on specifics. I would prefer without speed hooks. Convenient, but the possibility of trouser damage. Waiting on my first pair on the Rain last, so I'll see how that goes.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could be interested, depending on specifics. I would prefer without speed hooks. Convenient, but the possibility of trouser damage. Waiting on my first pair on the Rain last, so I'll see how that goes.

I too could be interested, I would prefer it without speed hooks

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for no speed hooks. I'm cool with a dainite sole.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anton,

The boot you proposed is very dressy, I would like it with the standard leather soles. To me this looks like a copy of EG Shannon so would prefer standard brown leather and upper shaft made from very dark suede.

toblov

Reaction score

What about eyelets? Would prefer steal.

Delivery should be around 3 months from when and if we are placing order. But we have to wait for Carminas response to be sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads