• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we assign a General Chat policeman that can remove spam threads? I will do it if necessary. Wading through them is infuriating.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Can we assign a General Chat policeman that can remove spam threads? I will do it if necessary. Wading through them is infuriating.
+1 to putting Conne to work. All in favor?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
J, are you upgrading to VB4 or going to a different forum software?
Different software.
Originally Posted by Connemara
I will think about it.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is unable to see any imagshack pics ?
blocked_login.jpg

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Am I the only one who is unable to see any imagshack pics ?

blocked_login.jpg

Originally Posted by Redwoood
I can't say whether or not you're the only one, but I see their pics just fine.
Are you accessing them from work?

I used to think that I was crazy until somebody pointed out that the servers at my workplace (where I do most of my Styleforuming) blocks certain image servers (like imageshack). Photobucket, for some reason, works just fine.

It does, however, make the WAYWN threads totally useless and viewable only away from work.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, Aeglus was complaining that Imageshak is a pain for other viewers but I've never had any issues with it... I suspect it's just a local work network issue. Anyone else not able to see pics?

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this case, it looks like he's being blocked by imageshack. I guess j has to register SF with them? No idea what the point would be. Supposedly, if you have an imageshack account and they can track you through a cookie, it won't happen to you? see http://guidesandstuff.com/imageshack...lem_issue.html

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
In this case, it looks like he's being blocked by imageshack.

I guess j has to register SF with them? No idea what the point would be.
Supposedly, if you have an imageshack account and they can track you through a cookie, it won't happen to you?

see
http://guidesandstuff.com/imageshack...lem_issue.html

Nope. The user's browser grabs the image directly from the image host, SF servers are not involved.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
Nope. The user's browser grabs the image directly from the image host, SF servers are not involved.

Except that the browser usually sends a referrer field with the image request, and that contains the URL of the HTML page the image is embedded in, and thus, imageshack finds out that the request is from SF.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
I blame Jews for what happened to Lara and Logan. BTW was Logan also raped?

Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
The terrible part was that she is not a Jew. What a waste of a hate-crime!

Originally Posted by bing
any cliffs on this situation now?

i realize she was sexually assualted, but that is such a bullshit term anyways... it could mean anything from she was penetrated with part of a road sign to someone grabbed her wrists inappropriately. I think the details are significant here.

have actual details surfaced and how's she doing now? still hot?

I hadn't really spent much time in the "Lara Logan" thread, but I happened to read through it a few minutes ago. While doing so, I discovered the posts above. Are there just no rules in CE anymore? I mean, that thread was predictably ugly, but are we really expected to share the forum with despicable motherfuckers who make jokes like those above?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads