• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Would much rather have bris than butter.
No doubt. I'm going to miss my brother in assdom.
frown.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Maybe we should a wake for bris.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bris seemed like an okay guy, except for two fatal flaws: he doesn't know when to STFU, and he has a persecution complex. iirc, the whole situation started fairly innocuously. Some sort of altercation happened, and Matt said "Everyone, it's done. Leave it." Butter did, Bris did not. And he got timed out. Now, instead of sitting it out for a couple of weeks, or whatever it was, he decided to come back again, and again, and again (and then I lost track,) and insisted that the mods were out to get him. I would not have known wtf he was until he called negative attention to himself over and over again.

Butter is a PITA, and if he sends me one more series of Socratic PMs, I'll toss him too. Here's a lesson for Butter. If you had been able to resist sending me a bunch of annoying PMs outlining hypothetical situations that weren't actually so hypothetical, and then revealed that "ahah, it's actually happened on the forum", then I wouldn't have cared who you were, one way or the other. By doing that, you effectively put a bullseye over the "L" on your forehead.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Indeed
You mean Bris, the guy who keeps saying he is going to beat up guys on the internet. I don't understand why anybody would want to keep that pud around.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Butter is a PITA, and if he sends me one more series of Socratic PMs, I'll toss him too. Here's a lesson for Butter. If you had been able to resist sending me a bunch of annoying PMs outlining hypothetical situations that weren't actually so hypothetical, and then revealed that "ahah, it's actually happened on the forum", then I wouldn't have cared who you were, one way or the other. By doing that, you effectively put a bullseye over the "L" on your forehead.

Fok - The reason for that was because I had originally sent Matt a message and after 3 days there was no reply or action even though Matt was online and doing other duties. Since there was no action and no response, I wasn't sure if what I mentioned was in fact a violation or not, which resulted in the email to you.

If you recall, I actually wanted the thread closed for unfair selling advantage, not to have Bigbris banned. I never lobbied for his banning. In fact, I still don't want him banned as I prefer dialogue, even if it might not be friendly.

I have since changed my approach to accommodate your preference so if there's still a problem, let me know.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Qq: when someone gets banned, what happens when they visit the site? Does it just not load, or can they just not log in?

Spekulayshun is fine. No interest in experiencing.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That weasel buttard... all nice and compliant when called out by the mods to get his pass, then acts like a total a-hole again and gloats about it for weeks. Exactly the kind of douche that everyone loves to hate. If I was a mod, I'd ban him, fine him $350 to come back, get paid, then spaminate his IP into oblivion. And I'd get cheered for it.

That's probably why I'll never be a mod
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
Qq: when someone gets banned, what happens when they visit the site? Does it just not load, or can they just not log in?

Brain hemorrhage.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It blows my mind how a person can be told to STFU and GTFO by a mod and yet persist to throw in their two cents. It reminds me of when I was growing up and we had this rooster who got into a fight with our dog. The dog was just playing around and didn't give two ***** about the bird, but the rooster kept going after the dog trying to attack it. The dog just kept gripping the rooster gently in his mouth and holding him down. In the end, the goddamn stubborn rooster was dripping in saliva and laid on his back from exhaustion.

Butter, you are that rooster. Except more senseless.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Also, you could braise the rooster and it might taste good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads