• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sid Mashburn Online Store Live

cmacey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grenadier
Do you know that Sid Mashburn didn't obtain appropriate permission for all the photographs on his website? And if you don't know, then why are you libeling the company by suggesting that it is stealing intellectual property?

+1! Seems JakeLA has an axe to grind with Mr. Mashburn...

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about the store and the people who run it. I can't say the website got me that excited. For example, I doubt I would try one of their shirts or ties based solely upon the photo and the description. However, I will be in Atlanta on Wednesday and plan to stop in. I hope I will be seeing a lot more variety than the website indicates.

non boring

Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of mixed feelings towards SM. Are his products sub par, particularly his shirts, both sport and dress? I was more curious as to why the arm lengths are all 34/35 (is that just a common standard or was this to allow proper arm lengths in the event you decide to have your arms up constantly as to not show forearm cleavage?).

Or should/would I be better off by sticking to BB or investing the money into a shirt from Modern Tailor or something?

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

cmacey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by non boring
I'm seeing a lot of mixed feelings towards SM. Are his products sub par, particularly his shirts, both sport and dress? I was more curious as to why the arm lengths are all 34/35 (is that just a common standard or was this to allow proper arm lengths in the event you decide to have your arms up constantly as to not show forearm cleavage?).

Or should/would I be better off by sticking to BB or investing the money into a shirt from Modern Tailor or something?

Although I shop at BB, I make an effort to visit Sid Mashburn's store every time I'm in Atlanta. I have a couple shirts from there and LOVE them.
High quality shirts...Plan on buying a few more, especially now they have an e-commerce shop.

non boring

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmacey
Although I shop at BB, I make an effort to visit Sid Mashburn's store every time I'm in Atlanta. I have a couple shirts from there and LOVE them.

Is there a noticeable difference in quality/fit? I wear BB ESF. How are the Mashburn shirts? Do they have high arm holes?

I emailed customer service asking general measurements so I'm waiting to hear back. Is it possible to have a 5" variance in width of a shirt (regarding their size scale for sport shirts)? Seems a bit much.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by non boring

I believe they only offer the longer sleeve lengths as they presume you will have the sleeves customised to your exact fit after purchase anyway. This is not uncommon with upper end shirts sold within an 'tailor' environment. And often the cost of custom sleeve length adjustment is factored into the price of the shirt. (This is way they always do the Truzzi's at Saks anyway.)

The whole concept breaks down when you offer them online however. Not sure what they are thinking in that regard.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JakeLA
it's against the law.

as for the merchandise... ho-hum.

Oh, no issues with your point. Just looked at some of your posts and it seems you like to vent here. Also no issue with that; can actually be quite refreshing.

Frankly, I am not sure why SM gets so much praise here. Same with Flusser.
eh.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexSF
99 as Ramsey

Mashburn-label.gif

sidmashburn-010.jpg

the actual version seems to have lighter leather colour , and the buckles are different

Is that an accurate colour that I see before me on those dub monks ? ie cafe au lait? I ask because the Ramseys I have seen from AFPOS seems to be dark brown in colour. I like the colour in the posting.

coolshoes

Reaction score
Sid Mashburn gets amazing press because he is a master at promotion, marketing, etc. Terms like "curate" and "edit" (fairly recently adopted by the fashion industry) are used continually in positioning the company as some sort cutting edge men's traditional shop, if such a concept weren't so self-contradictory. It's a better than okay shop with a decent selection of basic kinds of goods, nothing really wrong with it. Quality is midrange (shirts, shoes, etc) in most categories, certainly with some exceptions (clothing). It is best used by someone without great taste or sense of style because shopping at SM will keep one safe (as long as you don't chop your trousers off two or three inches too short!) and provide a pleasant atmosphere within which to obtain guidance. Chances are you will come out the other end looking pretty good. If you have a good eye and strong sense of your own style you can do far, far better operating in the larger world and "self-editing." That's where the real pleasure is, if you are able. Not everyone is.

Last edited:

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've heard a lot of good things about the store and the people who run it. I can't say the website got me that excited. For example, I doubt I would try one of their shirts or ties based solely upon the photo and the description. However, I will be in Atlanta on Wednesday and plan to stop in. I hope I will be seeing a lot more variety than the website indicates.

Gus, what'd you think of Sid's in the flesh?

Morehouse1867

Reaction score
Firstly, the quality of SM's products is amazing. Let's take his shirts for example:

24 stitches per inch
Trochas (sp?) shell buttons
Fabric from some of the finest mills in the world
And the fit is incredible.

His shirt is easily comparable if not better than a lot of the shirts you see for $250 - $350. Yet, we tend to salivate at those.

I think it's nice that the site isn't overwhelming. At the end of the day, it's tough to know the quality of anything from simply looking at pictures.

coolshoes

Reaction score

Firstly, the quality of SM's products is amazing. Let's take his shirts for example:

24 stitches per inch
Trochas (sp?) shell buttons
Fabric from some of the finest mills in the world
And the fit is incredible.

His shirt is easily comparable if not better than a lot of the shirts you see for $250 - $350. Yet, we tend to salivate at those.

I think it's nice that the site isn't overwhelming. At the end of the day, it's tough to know the quality of anything from simply looking at pictures.

Ah, sounds like a direct quote from the store. I have heard these very words at least 100 times. I don't want to beat a dead horse. The shirts are okay. Amazing, uh, no.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads