• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
8A2VZ.jpg

These are nice, where are you seeing them at?

Is it me or did that guy shave everywhere except the upper leg

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
Just because lots of people don't like the fit doesn't mean it won't work on you. For example- while there's plenty of people that complain about the fit of BoO shirts they work great for a number of other people.

That said its generally not a good idea to buy a piece that you can't try on (and that's not returnable), especially when you don't have much experience with the brand. Also, if you do like the jacket you can find it for cheaper if you're patient- I've seen them go for under $150 and sometimes under $100 on B&S and ebay.

Yeah -- it sucks.

Generally it seems like the best deals are to be found online, but unless we're talking about shoes, it's hard to know what you're getting. I'll go ahead and buy anyway sometimes if it's an outrageously good deal/low-priced on an absolute scale (i.e. < $50), but for the most part it stymies me. Doesn't help that I'm a tiny, tiny man and ostensible "S" or "36" often look big on me.

I mean, hell, I went through that very problem with the sweater I almost bought from you.

My online buying cycle goes:

Excitement!
Research
Advice-seeking
Reconsideration
Doubt
Cold Feet

98% of the time

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
These are nice, where are you seeing them at? Is it me or did that guy shave everywhere except the upper leg
I've noticed this on old guys that wore tall socks their whole life, so maybe that's what happened? There was a big discussion about it around the cribbage board among my ex's family one day at her pool old men jealous of my virile evenly hair legs

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it comes to eBay, by the way, I had some authenticity questions

So for instance I saw an allegedly Prorsum shirt for sale at $70 buy-it-now. Things that made me skeptical:

This is a $500 shirt
The seller claims it's NWT
The seller has a lot of **** on their page about authenticity

However the seller is a top-rated seller with 100% positive feedback and a shitload of points

Basically how much does &quot;top-rated&quot; and positive feedback really count for? When do you know to be suspicious?

I mean I figure eBay probably gets used tons as a digital fence for stolen goods (and hey at least it's better than buying fake), but that sometimes seems like the only reasonable explanation for really low prices on allegedly authentic, NWT merchandise.

Oh, and is ordering anything upscale from Hong Kong/China pretty much guaranteed counterfeit?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NameBack
When it comes to eBay, by the way, I had some authenticity questions

So for instance I saw an allegedly Prorsum shirt for sale at $70 buy-it-now. Things that made me skeptical:

This is a $500 shirt
The seller claims it's NWT
The seller has a lot of **** on their page about authenticity

However the seller is a top-rated seller with 100% positive feedback and a shitload of points

Basically how much does "top-rated" and positive feedback really count for? When do you know to be suspicious?

I mean I figure eBay probably gets used tons as a digital fence for stolen goods (and hey at least it's better than buying fake), but that sometimes seems like the only reasonable explanation for really low prices on allegedly authentic, NWT merchandise.

Oh, and is ordering anything upscale from Hong Kong/China pretty much guaranteed counterfeit?

Not all HK/China sellers sell fakes, but a large majority of them do. Just have to do your research prior to buying, but a good rule of thumb is to not trust them unless they have established a good reputation (lots of good feedback, proven sellers of authentic goods, etc.).

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Prorsum stuff is massively discounted at outlets so the retail price is irrelevant.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NameBack
Thinking about kopping a Patrik Ervell collegiate jacket from FW10, as they're on sale and it seems like a good light jacket for spring

I've found it steeply marked down in my size in two colors (different stores)

5857811d15f13128bacf114a4d4c1cefimage266x400.jpg

pop_25532_2-white.jpg

I really have liked almost all of Ervell's stuff I've seen people wearing in WAYWT -- so what do you think? Should I kop, and if so, which color?

Also, important note, the blue is marked down to $200 shipped, while the off-white is down to $163 shipped.

This would be a good buy if you had lots of similar stuff to wear it with.

It's not a good buy if you're looking for a versatile bomber/harrington to wear everyday with jeans/whatever.

Originally Posted by tween_spirit
8A2VZ.jpg

who makes the shorts?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little different than usual - Nonnative down jacket, either tweed or goretex. Kinda like the beige. Would be worn with work clothes
u4EZi.jpg
2L46U.jpg
xZFDK.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should i get a toj dr, old style, to wear all the way zipped up.

ive never really thought a leather jacket could work with what im going for, but maybe worn said way it could?..

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
A little different than usual - Nonnative down jacket, either tweed or goretex. Kinda like the beige. Would be worn with work clothes
MG]

Seriously... I reckon i saw you with a Toj WV and you want to buy one of these, you also had a Bless hoodcoat, and you want one of these... Come on
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads