• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BenR
TOJ is cool and all, but I'd like to be able to return something if that fit isn't what I had in mind. Schott is a bit cheaper, and I like the way the schott stuff fits. Also I need the faux fur.

they have real fur detachable collars for baller status. measure a jacket that fits its really not that hard

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schpacko
Should i buy for ~250$? (pic of Grenson Brogue boot deleted) Its Grenson.
That model is G width, right? It might be really wide. If you're looking for a tan brogue boot, your other alternatives are Loake (I think about 155 to 165 GBP plus shipping), Asos (by NPS in the UK, ~US $203 plus shipping), and the Trickers Stow (about 275 to 300 GBP, but you may get lucky and get one for 175 GPB on ebay). You can usually get the VAT removed from the UK sources. If you just want tan and aren't keyed onto the brogue thing, the tan Tywhitt Captoe shoes are about $200 on ebay plus shipping from the UK. Edit: Also, there are usually really cheap brogue boots on ebay UK for about 60 or 70 GBP from no-name sources. I don't know how good these are, but I figure they are goodyear welted and corrected grain leather.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MY TURN

this or that

6sq336.png

en2a1.png

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hate that high top so much, it's so clunky looking on everyone, not my steez at all. the painted MMM's are an option as well.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second one, for me anyways

First one is like half shoe/half sole, not a fan of huge contrasting soles on low-tops
Might look better dirty, though

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys and i are on similar wavelengths, now if only i didn't find something on yahoo japan tonight that would complicate this purchase :\\

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jb0c3o.jpg
For my girlfriend, size one like 16.5 pit to pit for these, should fit her Or would this be waaay too much on a girl?

oneblood

Reaction score
Hard to say without knowing what she looks like/what her personality is like but it isn't something that I would call easy to pull off.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe she's asian, no? i think it'd look really nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads