• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pants or I know I probably will, but should I get slightly too large or slightly too small? Sizes seems to be lacking.
uno_style01.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waist needs to fit, so sizing up or down could cause issue in this. Personally if I want particularly baggy or slim pants I look for pants that are intentionally cut this way, for this reason, so that the waist fits.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I find if the waist doesn't fit the pants always sag, belt can help this but sometimes the weight of the belt makes the pants sag just as well. I can't stand it when my pants are too low/don't hug my waist but YMMV.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tigerformula, what's wrong with asking for help?

Most of the time I think people are asking about quality and construction in this thread, atleast I do, as I have no way to tell without buying them due to geographical location.

But this thread allows noobs to vet thier choices while they learn what they need. It's a really good idea if used well.

Captain Happy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelysteve
THEG-MZ17_V2.jpg
THEG-MZ17_V1.jpg
THEG-MZ17_V4.jpg

Looking for white sneakers, don't want chucks, these are on sale at revolve. y/n? Anyone have experience with the quality and sizing of Generic man?

Really diggin these. Might kawp myself.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolf Cub and Moon
erez.jpg

That's jcrew's bowery bag isn't it. It's a decent bag but its not worth $100... If you like it just wait... it's pretty much assured to eventually go on sale. I picked up last yr's version (almost identical) for $30 off the clearance rack.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
pants
or I know I probably will, but should I get slightly too large or slightly too small? Sizes seems to be lacking.

uno_style01.jpg

I was hoping you were asking about the shirt as I scrolled down to which I would have said **** yes.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ If i could find it equally cheap on french ebay, id say **** yes myself. My life needs more flower (?) prints.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love my junya one
bigstar[1].gif

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like my H&M one. I'd love the Junya one and could get hold of it when I next have the funds

PattyC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
really you cant think that out for yourself?it is a gray v neck sweater with a little gold eagle on it. i don know the rest of your wardrobe, the rest of your personal style, so I dont know. im sure you can figure out whether a heather grey v neck sweater would fit into your wardrobe. My guess is yes but who knows I may be wrong and you could be dressing like uncontrol.

EDIT: sorry i just read that again and I realized how mean that sounded.I just got back home and I am pretty messed up so i am sorry.
but really why can't you figure that out by yourself. this is the part of sf that pisses me off.

It's all good man, I was just looking for some opinions on the colours that the knit has. I think I'm gonna get it though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads